“Bedroom overlooks nightclub”
Review of Myles Creek

Myles Creek
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Kilkee
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I fully accept that when you stay in a B&B on the main street of a busy town that noise can be expected, so I asked when we arrived if our room was overlooking the main street. I was informed that the room was at the back of the building which I assumed would be quieter.

I arrived back to our room at approximately 10pm intending on getting an early night. I was horrified to discover that the bedroom was actually overlooking a marquee where live music was being played, which was later followed by a nightclub until at least 2am. There was an extremely powerful sound system pounding out music essentially outside the bedroom window. Clearly no sleep was to be had.

I cannot believe that an establishment would allow guests to pay for rooms with that level of noise outside the window. I understand that this is outside the control of Myles Creek, however, guests should be notified of this so they can make an informed decision as to whether to stay there. Outrageous.

Do not stay here if you intend on getting sleep before 2.30am. However, if you will be out socializing and sleep is not a priority, then it's an ok place to stay. Basic and dated but clean and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The hotel itself is basic and very dated, but the staff were friendly enough. The breakfast was ok.

The problem with this place is that it's beside a night club and live music venue. The music was playing until 2am and it was so loud that getting any sleep was impossible.

There are plenty of other reviews on here complaining about this and their response is that they don't play the music and it's outside of their control. This is irrevant as €85 to sleep on a room located practically on top of a nightclub is a total rip off.

Even if you were to pay me €85 to stay in that room I'd probably say no. We're exhausted today and will never stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Go to the nightclub where you can party. There's no point going back to the room to sleep before...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Very friendly lady at reception! I was taken aback with how drab and basic the room was. Very basic, bathroom could have been cleaner. No facilities like a kettle etc. We paid 198 euros for two nights for a twin room and I would have expected a more comfortable room. The whole thing looks tired and just too expensive for what we got. We were told there was internet but we were unsuccessful. Breakfast fine and service pleasant enough.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I paid more for my room here than many other places on my trip that were far better quality. The room was very Spartan and small for a double, there was soap but that was all, no tea/coffee facilities and the oldest TV I have seen for ages with just 4 channels. There was a room further down the corridor with facilities to make drinks. All the floors are polished floorboards so very creaky, especially in the corridors. Breakfast is served in an elegant dining room, however there was only juice and cereal on the 'buffet' and all the toast was white bread. I ate my evening meal in the pub in a room that lacked atmosphere, but the food was excellent. It is right in the centre of town. The only place I've stayed in where it took ages to connect to the wifi.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Had a one night stay, the accommodations were comfortable with nice bright rooms. Nice traditional Irish breakfast and friendly staff. Myles Creek is located right in the center of town walking distance to everything. This is not a hotel so don't expect to find extras like a hair dryer or iron in your room (provide upon request)but if your looking for a basic B&B it will hit the mark.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkee
0.2 km away
Atlantic Hotel
#3 of 5 in Lahinch
8.8 km away
Hilltop Bed & Breakfast

Been to Myles Creek? Share your experiences!