See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The hotel itself is basic and very dated, but the staff were friendly enough. The breakfast was ok.

The problem with this place is that it's beside a night club and live music venue. The music was playing until 2am and it was so loud that getting any sleep was impossible.

There are plenty of other reviews on here complaining about this and their response is that they don't play the music and it's outside of their control. This is irrevant as €85 to sleep on a room located practically on top of a nightclub is a total rip off.

Even if you were to pay me €85 to stay in that room I'd probably say no. We're exhausted today and will never stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Go to the nightclub where you can party. There's no point going back to the room to sleep before it's over.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Deirdre H, Owner at Myles Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi JohnMcAvinue,

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the noise.

Kilkee is a busy town in August and the centre has music in every venue at weekends , so maybe a guesthouse outside the town would be better, having said that there are plenty of weekends very quiet in the centre of the town which I am sure you would enjoy so we hope you will condsider to come back to Kilkee at some time.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Very friendly lady at reception! I was taken aback with how drab and basic the room was. Very basic, bathroom could have been cleaner. No facilities like a kettle etc. We paid 198 euros for two nights for a twin room and I would have expected a more comfortable room. The whole thing looks tired and just too expensive for what we got. We were told there was internet but we were unsuccessful. Breakfast fine and service pleasant enough.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hi ronaghbaumann,

We are happy you had a warm reception from staff and enjoyed breakfast.

Myles Creek is a listed building and we are limited what changes we can make, having said that each, year we update rooms and now have tea, coffee faciilities in all roooms also in the guest TV room ,along with updated TVs , So we hope to see you back again soon .

Thanking you,

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I paid more for my room here than many other places on my trip that were far better quality. The room was very Spartan and small for a double, there was soap but that was all, no tea/coffee facilities and the oldest TV I have seen for ages with just 4 channels. There was a room further down the corridor with facilities to make drinks. All the floors are polished floorboards so very creaky, especially in the corridors. Breakfast is served in an elegant dining room, however there was only juice and cereal on the 'buffet' and all the toast was white bread. I ate my evening meal in the pub in a room that lacked atmosphere, but the food was excellent. It is right in the centre of town. The only place I've stayed in where it took ages to connect to the wifi.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Hi lovegog,

We are sorry you did not enjoy your room.

Myles creek is a listed building some rooms are smaller we cant change that , having said that larger rooms are available on request. All our rooms now have tea , coffee making facilities and hairdryers and updated tvs. ,along with a guest tv room.

It would appear from reading your review regarding breakfast this is all we offer, I am sure you availed of our full breakfast menu ranging from full Irish , vegetarian, poached and scrambled egg . we also have brown toast and are well known for our homemade brown bread. Sorry if the brown bread option was not offered to you.

Kilkee has a problem with WIFI in general hope to be rectified soon.

Delighted you found the food excellent the bar is updated also hope you get back to Kilkee and call in to us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Had a one night stay, the accommodations were comfortable with nice bright rooms. Nice traditional Irish breakfast and friendly staff. Myles Creek is located right in the center of town walking distance to everything. This is not a hotel so don't expect to find extras like a hair dryer or iron in your room (provide upon request)but if your looking for a basic B&B it will hit the mark.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Trek266299
Reviewed 17 July 2017

My daughter and I had dinner here two nights in a row. The food was beautiful the atmosphere was great and the staff were fantastic, they really were so lovely attentive and helpful they are an asset to the restaurant.
We are looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Deirdre H, Owner at Myles Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Hi Lyndsey M.,

Great to hear you had such a great visit to Myles Creek , we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Regards,