All reviews nespresso machine hotel spa lovely hotel lamb shank bar and restaurant food was lovely would highly recommend this hotel lovely spot following morning staff were so friendly four star top class reception area relaxing stay from start to finish town centre stayed here for two nights
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Beautifully situated along the shores of Lough Derg, fantastic views, great fishing & beautiful walks. Ideal for a relaxing chill-out break.
Staff were so friendly & welcoming from the moment we arrived, & it was wonderful to see the owner having such an interactive role in the day-to-day running of the business.
The bar food was fantastic with great presentation(we eat there every night), rooms were large & so comfortable. We will be back & will highly recommend to family & friends.

1  Thank Katherine G
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I love this hotel. It's a home from home. The standard of accommodation and decor is top class. The bedrooms are stylish with top quality bed and bed linen.The attention to details show with the high quality toiletries and even a USB charger built into the sockets.. The food is yummy and a fab modern European menu with something for everyone... The staff so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Did I mention the lovely patio outside with views over Kincora harbour and the Shannon and the manicured gardens and grounds. The walk into Killaloe is also beautiful along the river and harbour. . I travel across the world for business and this hotel is up there with the best.
Highly recommend for a visit for leisure or stop over..You will not be disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Hughie65
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Very nice comfortable hotel, modern and plush.

We stayed for 2 nights and ate at the bar restaurant both evenings. The food was exceptional and very well presented. Would highly recommend.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the Nespresso machine is a nice touch.

The only drawbacks were that the staff seem quite inexperienced and often forget themselves and orders. Perhaps they are in training. They were all very very courteous and friendly and so we ignored this minor issue.

The other thing i wasn’t impressed by was the purposely misleading title of hotel & spa. We were very much looking forward to booking some treatments but although “hotel and spa” is advertised everywhere, it does not exist and there is no mention of it after check in.

Overall we very much enjoyed our stay, and would recommend eating at the Monk Bar and restaurant to anyone visiting.

2  Thank Illbe B
Reviewed 1 September 2018

My partner, daughter and I had a three course meal at the Killaloe Hotel yesterday. I love the décor and flow of the hotel which sets the tone to make for a great experience. We all had three courses of which all were of excellent quality and the presentation was excellent. Both waitresses Chloe and Claire were very attentive and pleasant throughout. I had the Steak, my partner had the Chicken Burger whilst my daughter had the fish and chips. We were all impressed with our food and loved the setting with a beautiful view out to the boats on the Harbour. I would certainly recommend and we will be back again in the future. Thanks to all of the staff for making such a lovely occasion for us.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and family come for quick bite in the restaurant some of the evening .I was ordered fish finger and chips and kid pizza for my kids .5 minutes later the waitress come back and say the fish finger is finished.so I was changed to chicken goujon and chips.when the food coming ,I was so surprised.you can count how many chips on the plate.the prices I pay for kids meal about 7 euro if I'm remembered. my wife was ordered dessert also.dessert was cold.the dessert what my wife ordered should be warm.restaurant was quite that evening but the I'm was waiting almost 20 minutes for ordering.my experience with my family is not great.even now when we was looking something to eat,killaloe hotel is not on our list anyone.price for 7 euro should come with something even scoop of ice cream.

Date of stay: August 2018