“Lovely early bird” 5 of 5 bubbles

Yellow Pepper
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: Irish, European, British, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: THE YELLOW PEPPER ENJOYS THE ULTIMATE CUSTOMERS APPROVAL ITS ALWAYS BUSY. THE RESTAURNT WAS REFURBISHED in 2009 AFTER A REALLY BAD FIRE. IS LOCATED ON THE MAIN STREET CLOSE TO MANY BARS.THE FOOD IS CONTEMPERY WITH A GREAT EMPHAISE ON LOCAL PRODUCE FROM THE OWNERS GARDEN.
Dungloe Co.Donegal
“Lovely early bird”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Sunday evening 10th Feb and just had a lovely early bird menu meal. Hen night in and it so busy. Service was great as the food. Served by a little girl from co Meath who was just so pleasent. It was my first meal there but will be back soon.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank erin723

• Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
“Fastastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Food superb, atmosphere fantastic. Little bit of Irish with a Lot of everything you need from a good evening out. Nobody should pass through Letterkenny without dining there. xx

• Visited January 2013
dundalk
“Divine food!!! Atmosphere a bit lacking!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

A party of five for a celebration!!!
We went to the YP on a Friday night we had and 8pm reservation.....it was quite busy when we arrived but the crowd thinned out quickly....I'm lead to believe they do an EARLY BIRD Menu!
The general ambience and decor of the establishment is rustic chic. I found the room a little chilly but I think that had more to do with where we were seated.....and unusual choice under stairs?!?!?
But let's get on to the important part! THE FOOD!!
The fish and seafood selection was great.......I chose a mackerel starter which was lightly pan fried and had a red onion chuteney FABULOUS!!! and a truly massive portion. I think this was around the €8 mark V reasonable and could easily be shared!

For my main course I chose the Seafood platter............Well if I had have realised it would be so massive I def would have skipped the starter!! The platter consisted of a bowl of their sublime homemade seafood chowder, a large bowl of steamed mussels in a white wine and garlic light broth/sauce, a generous portion of smoked salmon dressed with horseraddish and capers, then a huge serving of salt and chilli deep fried squid rings and a large serving of the fish of the day (on our evening it was yellow fin sole a bit bitter for my palate but that's a personal choice!) ALL of the above was cooked beautifully! and I was both stuffed and satisfied!! All for the bargain price of €20.95......worth every penny!
I couldn't manage a desert but they looked lovely!
the only gripes I had about this place were we felt slightly under pressure to leave when we were finished, we would have quite happily have had some more drinks or another bottle of wine but we all felt the staff circling! However the staff were friendly and well informed during service!
Also 2 of our party had steak and weren't overly impressed at the cut of meat but it was cooked as requested!
Overall I personally really enjoyed the food it was tasty plentiful and reasonably priced!
#TOP TIP TO MANAGEMENT lose the dodgy country music background music it was cringeworthy and totally not in keeping with the trendy vibe!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

I eat here regularly and there is always a fantastic atmosphere. Food is of good quality as well and plenty of taste (as well as many specials). Recommend it!

Visited November 2012
Dublin
“Yummy food and wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

Food amazing, warm, comfy and very friendly staff. Love the older waiter, he was so helpful and kind.

Visited January 2013