Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$151
eDreamsUS$151
Agoda.comUS$151
TripadvisorUS$151
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
All reviews wedding reception lovely hotel superior room second to none would highly recommend this hotel main course could not fault top class evening meal bar staff great value for money break receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 December 2019 via mobile

We booked to stay at the Silver Tassie Hotel last night Saturday 7th of December as a little pre Christmas break and what a surprise we got. The place was buzzing with Christmas spirit when we arrived from beautiful decorations at reception and around the hotel to lots of people arriving to enjoy their Christmas party night. The 2 ladies on reception were so friendly and helpful and even managed to reserve us a table in the restaurant for dinner on such a busy night. We got a surprise when we got to our room as well as they upgraded us to a superior room and what a room absolutely fabulous and very spacious.

We went down to bar before dinner and the place was very busy but we were served right away by a very professional young man who spotted us immediately whilst dealing with another guest ( eye contact in busy situations like these are very important and a pet hate of mine if someone does not acknowledge me but this young man knows his job).

Well if you went in hungry to the restaurant you certainly didn't leave that way. We both had steaks cooked to perfection and I have to say they were up there with the best. I had a cheeky apple pie, custard and ice cream afterwards ( it would be rude not too ) the waitress recommended it and she was right. Staff were busy but still very professional and helpful.

The hotel is amazing and we will definitely be back and couldn't recommend it enough. The staff are fantastic and professional but have a great Donegal friendly manner with them.

We will be back

Reviewed 8 December 2019

Stayed at the sliver tassie last night I have always heard good reviews about this hotel my sister got married here so I decided it would be the perfect place to t
our elderly mother for a night
away... Well I've have never
experienced anything like it in my

life we arrived abt 5pm the lady at reception just let's say was
far from welcoming she hardly even acknowledged we were there so this
was fine we went to our room and decided we
Would have a drink before going out to the restaurant for dinner so as we like a bit of ice with our wine i
rang reception and asked for a bit of ice I was put through to the bar and as I work in the hotel business myself I said would it be possible to get some ice the bar man said well im

not sure and I said why its not that I'm asking for it to be brought to the room I will come and pick it up
myself and he said well that's OK.... As I manage a hotel myself I always
tell my staff if a client requests something always take it to them its just my policy as I feel if someone
is paying money to stay in my hotel they should be treated well just my
motto.... Anyway I went to the bar and said I rang for some ice he said we don't have any to give you we have
a wedding next door and I said well we are staying at the hotel dose that
not matter he handed me a half pint glass with 4 pecies of ice in it and said in a very ignorant tone what
would you WANT ICE FOR ANYWAY ITS FAR TOO WARM..... I lifted the glass and
went back to my room.. We later went to the bar for something to eat the lady came to take our order she was a
polish lady with absolutely no personality and no way with her what
so ever..... as we were really hungry we ordered chicken burgers and chips we got served processed chicken
burger and frozen chips that were hard.... We told the lady that the
chips were hard and she proceeded to tell the bar staff who stared and pointed at us in front of everyone in
the bar..... My sister said I can't take this im going back to the room
and asked another bar man for ice to go to the room he then further humiliatied us by saying we have a
wedding to look after we have no ice yet there was a huge bucket of it in front of him and went on to say "We would need to start charing the likes of you for ice anyway" .... She came back to the room completely disstessed we were supposed to go out to the bar and enjoy our evening out but after the way we were treated our night was ruined... I understand there was a wedding to cater for but we were also paying customers

We got up in the morning and went for our breakfast we were served by an older lady who was absoultly lovely.... So sad to say but that was the only enjoyable think about our night away very very disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Hotlier123com
Reviewed 6 December 2019 via mobile

Stayed in the Silver Tassie Hotel last Wednesday. I didnt arrive until after 7pm and it was a really cold wintery night. What awaited me as I entered the reception area was a beautifully decorated foyer. I was greeted by a lovely lady on the reception who informed me that there was a nice fire on in the bar and suggested I pop in after I got settled. My room was very spacious and the bed was very cosy.

When I arrived down to the bar area, I was very pleasantly surprised at how homely it was. There was a rip-roaring fire on to the back of the bar, so I decided to sit next to it. A lovely young waitress came down and took my order. I had the chicken fajitas, which were absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend. After dinner I moved to the bar and had a nightcap. The barman suggested I try a local beer, which I did. It was very nice. All in all, I had a wonderful stay at this hotel and will be returning again for sure.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DubBhoyo
Silver Tassie H, Manager at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review praising our beautiful hotel and excellent staff. I must agree with you, our staff are exceptionally friendly and do go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a most enjoyable stay. I have passed on your review for all staff and chefs to read.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Silver Tassie Hotel for what we believe will be another most memorable stay.

Reviewed 6 December 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend John and I had reserved one night B&B on Saturday November 23 using a SuperValu getaway break voucher which my boyfriend had received for his birthday. I only mention this to emphasise that it was a special occasion and we were so looking forward to visiting Glenveigh National Park, and figured the Silver Tassle Hotel was a good base from which to explore the beautiful scenery of Donegal. We couldn't have been more wrong! We arrived at the hotel at approx 9PM to be informed by the receptionist (sorry, no name badge) that while she had received our reservation with the voucher number, if we wished to stay there thatnight then we would have to cough up an additional €80! When I informed the receptionist that we were quoted a B&B rate of €95 for the Sat night and since we had the voucher and my partner had already paid €17.95 in addition to the voucher to cover the balance as outlined on the printed email from SuperValu how could we possibly owe €80! There was simply no talking to this woman. She just kept repeating over and over that while she understood what I was saying, she could NOT let us stay there without the payment! Now keep in mind with all the hullabaloo over our reservation it was now almost 10PM. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I've never met anyone as inflexible as this receptionist. I explained to her that if we paid the €80 then that would indicate there was no value on the voucher given the quoted €95 B@B rate, in which case we would have used hotels.com, trivago etc. to make the booking. I may as well have been speaking Swahili such was her level of understanding!! At this point we decided we couldn't possibly stay in such a hostile place, and asked the receptionist for a copy of the email from SuperValu which she provided no problem. However, when I asked for some documentation to denote why we were unable to use our SuperValu voucher on the night in question despite having a reservation, she completely baulked. I then had to outline to the receptionist what she needed to write ( she informed me that she was unable to print a letter) in order that the person in SuperValu might understand what had occurred on the night in question. We then headed out in the freezing cold to try and find alternate accommodation on a Saturday night in Donegal. I am happy to report that we located a lovely hotel with the most welcoming staff (despite there being a function in full swing when we arrived). Within minutes we were settled in a lovely room where we plopped ourselves down and attempted to figure out what had just happened! We found out afterwards that the issue with the voucher was a problem on Supervalu's end, but it does not excuse the rude behaviour we encountered at The Silver Tassle Hotel. SuperValu called on Monday to apologise for the error, however, not only did we NOT receive an apology from the hotel for the way in which our booking was handled, in response to an email I sent to the hotel, I received a rather curt reply outlining WHY the receptionist behaved the way in which she did and indeed how she was justified in doing so. You couldn't make it up. Do yourself a favour and stay well away from this place!

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank momdooleyscross
Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

Stayed here with the partner Saturday to Tuesday in November, poor weather aside the staff at the Silver Tassie and the service provided made our stay memorable, the breakfast was lovely every morning in particular the porridge, we had the Turkey and ham on the Sunday it was out of this world mouth watering, the room we got was huge, emer in the spa ensured the stay was most relaxing with a full body massage. will be back soon.

Date of stay: November 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review praising our hotel, food and staff. It is always a pleasure to read that our staff are contributing to making sure our guests have a memorable stay. I have passed on your review for all staff to read.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa for what we believe will be another most enjoyable stay.