Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa
US$112
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny(Letterkenny)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$82
Clanree Hotel(Letterkenny)
US$135
US$77
Mount Errigal Hotel(Letterkenny)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$105
  • Restaurant
US$118
US$88
All reviewsdvd librarysunday carverysteakwedding receptionlovely hotelwedding venuefunction roomrecommend this hotelsalmonfrom start to finishopen firebar foodnext morningrelaxing breaksecond to nonecouldn't do enoughfirst class
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My wife & I stayed here for a weekend & could not fault the place.

Rooms: Rooms were spacious, clean & well equipted. The beds were really comfortable. The bathroom had lots of hot water & a nice shower/bath so you could take your pick.

Staff: Again staff were really friendly, always willing to help & on hand to help.

Booking: Checking in & out was fast & friendly.

Eating: The food here was lovely. We had a meal the first night & it was delicius, just a nice amount of time between courses too.

Location: It is situated just outside Letterkenny town about 3-4 miles. Taxis can be called from reception if you fancy a tipple in town. there is also a great wee homely bar in the tassie.
Would I stay here again...sure I would.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin_Dreamz
SilverTassie, Manager at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us which is what we want for each & every guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have stayed in the Tassie a few times and attended many functions, including weddings and christmas parties, as well as attended the Sunday Carvery.

The Sunday Carvery is exceptional - the starters and desserts particularly! :)

The rooms are lovely, very quiet and very comfortable beds.

The staff are particularly helpful and hotel is very clean, with ample parking.

I have attended quite a few weddings in the Tassie here and I think it is my favourite wedding venue - the food is always superb!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
SilverTassie, Manager at Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Dear Clare,

Thank you for the lovely review! I am delighted that you have experienced the hotel on so many different levels and so pleased that you enjoy our functions and in particular our weddings which we do try to make as magical as possible!

Keep coming Clare, it is a pleasure to have you!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We have stayed here before, so the fact we keep going back means it must be pretty good.

Stayed for two nights. Rooms lovely and clean. kettle,tea/coffee.iron,hair dryer, shower gel etc. Tv with plenty of channels and a dvd player,so you can bring your own or choose from a selection at reception (free,but you leave a deposit until you return them) All any traveller would need for a comfortable stay.
Also a book with places of interest to visit, churches, leisure, etc.

Arena 7 is just three kilometres from hotel has Bowling, pool, amusements, cafe and is really well run.

There is a good Leisure centre in Letterkenny town with steam room and jacuzzi.

This Hotel is out of the town a few kilometres, but for me that just adds to it peacefulness, its only a short journey by car, unfortunately I can't comment if there are buses passing.

The hotel is good at replying to e-mails so ask questions prior to your stay, regarding transport etc.they will help you plan the perfect stay.

Breakfasts consist of a wide range of cereals , fresh fruit , bread , Yoghurts , and plenty of cooked options too so more than enough to cater for all tastes and fill you up for the day ahead.

Reception / check in is very relaxed, no fuss made , but this is really the way you will find your whole stay here. A really nice experience. Should something not be to your pleasing, I suggest a quiet word to a staff member and not a big fuss. Customers matter to these guys, so give them a chance, though I don't think you will have many complaints.

They serve bar food and have a restaurant which we've used a few times and was fine,though we mostly eat out in the town as we be out. I will confess the Brewery in the town is a favourite and it's linked to the hotel.Service and food is very good here too.

Everyone has their own views on hotels and what they expect, for me this Hotel is among the best I have ever stayed in and I think its largely down to the fact they treat customers so well.

I'd say book this place with no hesitation, enjoy the hospitality they offer and if you can tear yourself away , Letterkenny is pretty good too....lol

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TyroneTraveller1

Dear Tyrone Traveller,

The first line of you email is simply the best that we can ever hope for....the fact that you keep coming back to us is our best compliment and I am sure other travellers will greatly appeciate the time and effort that you took in putting this together, giving information on both the Hotel and very importantly the area, and the wealth of things to do!!

See you soon & thank you !

Reviewed 1 January 2012

my husband and i go to this hotel every December to celebrate our wedding anniversary. we absolutely love this hotel. the staff are so friendly and accommodating and the food is outstanding. the rooms are tasteful and very comfortable. it is great value for money. i cannot say enough good things about this place. wonderful.

Room Tip: all rooms we have ever stayed in were immaculate and we have never had any problems
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pauline l

Hi Pauline,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your anniversary with us and we look forward to seeing you again on the special occassion or sooner!

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Really enjoyed my stay in the silver tassie hotel! Room was lovely! Ate in bar when arrived! Really really tasty! Breakfast in morning was excellent! Hotel is great value especially when you compare to others in the area! Will defo stay again when up in Donegal on business!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Tomreds

Dear Tomreds,

Thank you for your lovely review. When you stay at the Silver Tassie Hotel on business we like to make your work our pleasure in looking after you and offering you that home from home feeling, so I am delighted we suceeded and look forward to seeing you again soon!