3 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$131
TravelocityUS$131
HurbUS$136
1,636 results
All reviews port bar retail park modern hotel buffet breakfast sauna and steam room excellent hotel town centre next morning good size bar food leisure centre few drinks the main street staff were very friendly food was lovely hotel bar steak
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed back in August for a 2 night break and the staff barely spoke a word to us basically paid while they were busy talking to eachother little help in finding the room. When we got to the room the glasses had red lipstick stains and we told reception and they got us to get the glasses changed ourselves at the restaurant and then to top it all off there were dirty cotton buds in the bathroom. The view was horrible it looks over a car park and there were trucks really early in the morning waking us up and then my car got blocked by a van who was delivering laundry. Then the restaurant I thought personally the portions were very small for the high price. Overall not a great experience wouldn’t go again. We weren’t even asked how our stay was on the way out we were told to just leave our keycards in a box.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank 858chloem
Johnathon O, Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2020

Hi 858chloem,

Many thanks for taking them time to leave your review.

It is disheartening to read you did not enjoy your stay with us and I would be very appreciative if we can discuss your visit further.

Since our initial reopening in June we invested heavily in resources to keep our guests and staff stage to enjoy the new normal and relax during their staycations. This includes sanitisation stations, booking systems, distance markers and a Radisson 20 point plan in addition to all
Guidelines outlined by the Irish Government.

I very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel and again to showcase a true reflection of our hospitality.

I would very much appreciate an opportunity to discuss your experience further

Stay safe,
Johnathon
Sales.letterkenny@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as part of a holiday tour of the north west of Ireland. I have stayed in other Radisson Blu hotels but this one did not measure up. The rooms looked like they could do with a total revamp. Worse I would question the level of cleaning during these Covid times! The paper under the cups and kettle on the tea/coffee tray had stains on it! If that wasn’t changed what else was ignored? We ate in the hotel on the 1st night. The food was ok but there was little if any social distancing in the dining room. While staff did ware masks, there was very little evidence of mask wearing by other guests. Surprisingly, buffet breakfast is still being served, and while staff served the hot food, breads and other items of a continental breakfast were self service. Something the hotel might change in these times. The hotel is in a good location for shopping as there are a good range of shops across very busy road. We were lucky to have a room at the back of the hotel, I would not have wanted to be at the front because of the traffic noise. Having spent a few days in the area I felt the attitude to Covid was more lax than in other places and perhaps this is reflected in the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Johnathon O, Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Dear AliceQ2011,

I am sorry your visit did not meet your expectations on this occasion

We have always placed the health and safety of our guests and staff as foremost priority. This has resulted in changes being implemented right throughout the Hotel in our response to Covid-19.

We do still offer a breakfast buffet option with items individually wrapped or portioned to reduce shared touch points. The hot breakfast items are served by one of our Chefs and a frequent cleaning of the buffet is actioned throughout service.

In both dining rooms is a minimum of 1 meter and in most cases 2 meters and the addition of a booking system allows a much safer and enjoyable environment for you to dine.

Our Covid-19 response plan is developing with official guidance continuously and your feedback is very much appreciated to allow us to develop further. This will be shared with our Covid-19 committee

I do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon

Stay safe,
Johnathon

Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

I booked to stay at the Radisson Blu Letterkenny for my partners birthday it was honestly such a lovely stay. Clare was so helpful and made the stay so special for us with lovely birthday treats in the room and a fantastic upgrade. As we travelled 4 hours to get to letterkenny on the first day of our stay to break up the journey we stopped in Fermanagh and did the stairway to heaven it was an absolute glorious weekend and we were so lucky with the weather we then drove another two hours to letterkenny and we were greeted by a lovely receptionist who explained everything we needed to know about the hotel and the new guidelines in place due to the current pandemic. We used the swimming pool in the hotel and it was lovely it was so quiet we had it to ourselves most days and again it was absolutely spotless. The staff in the leisure centre were so friendly and happy to help. Breakfast and dinner in the hotel was very good super tasty and having the breakfast included we decided to get it as room service to our room and that was ideal was so lovely. We had fabulous dinners at the hotel and tasty cocktails everything was very affordable and I couldn’t recommend this hotel enough to my colleagues and clients if they are visiting Donegal as it is so easy to get to different places for example Derry, the giant’s causeway, murder hole beach and many others they are just a few of the places we visited within an hour or an hour and 30 mins of the hotel. I know for a fact if I’m coming back to Donegal I will contact Clare and her team at the Radisson as it was absolutely spotless and overall a great experience for a first time visit to Donegal

Reviewed 22 September 2020 via mobile

Arrived Friday for two nights.Great room with a very comfortable bed.Ate in the bar. Food was very good and great value. Handy for shopping with plenty of shops across the road.Plenty of parking at the front, side and back of the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Quitchery1
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Turned up at the car park looked across the road seen all the stores we like.
Very friendly reception staff helpful great king size rooms. Restaurant well set up for current regulations great food great selection friendly helpful staff.
Breakfast well set up good selection and very tasty.
Swimming pool well organised
Will recommend and will be back

Trip type: Travelled with family