All reviews wedding venue second to none on arrival drawers renovated luxurious guests
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We attended a wedding at this stunning venue. The food was absolutely delicious throughout the whole weekend. Much care has been taken in painstakingly restoring this venue and it shows. I was a little disappointed in the room we were allocated. The furniture was big for the room but I was unable to hang my dress in the wardrobe as the drawers at the base of the unit meant that it would have been doubled up at the bottom. The bathroom was large and luxurious. The view was not enticing. We were located above the kitchens which meant the room was warm but when we opened the window the noise and smell of cooking from the kitchen was very apparent.
The staff were lovely and I envisage the venue going from strength to strength as time progresses
Although our room was not to my liking I would be more than happy to return here

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018

We chose Rockhill House for our wedding and it was perfect in every way. The House, Orangerie, bedrooms, bathrooms and grounds are all magnificent and have been renovated to the highest standards. The staff were all great- special thanks to John, Kathryn, Patrice and Bernard on the bar who really took care of everyone!! The food was delicious including canapes, dinner and breakfast and the new Church bar is great for a casual dinner and drinks. A really special place & we can't wait to return

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018

On arrival waited at the closed gates for 5 minutes in taxi, phoned twice and eventually we were allowed access. Beautifully renovated, fabulous chandeliers, food was good, tasty and well presented, perfect portion size for me but I suspect my husband would find it a bit skimpy. Good wine choice. Service in restaurant a bit chambolic, waited 30 minutes between starter and main, and waited 20 minutes for the after dinner drink. Final issue was that our taxi couldn’t get through the closed gates to collect us so we had to walk down to meet him. I think this needs to be sorted out as it seems unwelcoming more than exclusive.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ros G
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Went to a wedding there recently, stayed Thursday until Sunday, 4 poster bed, all very tastfully decorated, great scenery, great service, totally recommended. Staff very friendly and helpful. What a lovely county...so green.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We attended a wedding here. The venue is stunning. The wedding was fantastic great attention to detail, we felt very comfortable and relaxed. The staff are very friendly. Food was excellent. Rooms are very comfortable. I hope we can visit again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple