“Stopped after a walk and visit to the flaggy shore near Kinvarra”
Review of Cafe Linnalla

Cafe Linnalla
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Ballyvaughan
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Lovely walk by the flaggy shore with three kids, walked up a path to a bright yellow ice cream parlour. The story of the cafe was told by the owner, his wife who normally runs it was missing so he was playing host - ably done, needs more practice with crepes - in fairness he did not charge for the one he gave me as it did not turn out as expected! Ice cream and amazing views from both inside and out were the main attraction. All made with local milk, from his herd. They have outdoor seating and the sun came out so we headed outside. There is a kids playground and parking there.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We were out exploring and came across this gem of a find. The people were lovely and very helpful and the ice cream was absolutely delicious! My daughter never finishes her ice cream and I've never seen her eat an ice cream so quick! I definitely rate it up there with Brymour ice cream. Has lovely views as well. Definitely recommend if you're around Newquay exploring and would visit again! Thank you :)

Management response:Responded 11 July 2017

Thank you for your kind comments, it was lovely to meet you all. Brid

Reviewed 6 December 2016

We went for a two hour hike around the beautiful New Quay area on the bank holiday weekend and called into Cafe Linalla on the outward leg seduced by the offer of fresh homemade icecream and coffees. It was not worth it;

It's a soulless little place, and we were served by a grumpy teen who looked like she'd rather be elsewhere.

The ice cream was overpriced, in miserly portions and frankly tasteless. The worst though was the "milkshake". We expected an Eddie Rocket's 1,000 calorie masterpiece, we got a €4 glass of frothy milk that took 15 minutes to deliver. The coffees are also priced above average.

Overall, not worth it by a long shot.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

I found Linnalla's while driving around the coastline near Ballyvaughan. There are two ways to get to it while driving, and of course I drove the very narrow, curvy cow-path lane that leads to a tiny parking area where you can walk up a path to Linnalla's. However, on the way, I saw 25 wild swans swimming in the pond and was also only yards away from the ocean, so it was well worth it. Anyway, Linnalla's is a tiny place with homemade ice cream made with milk from the owners' shorthorn cows, and it's delicious. I had the toffee flavor -- scrumptious! Linnalla means 'wild swans', by the way. I chatted with the owner (whose name I forgot), and she's a lovely woman. This is definitely worth the stop. It's also on the way to the historic tower at the end of the peninsula.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

People can be a touch harsh I think reading some of these reviews... look it is a modest little cafe, yes. But it's charming for its simplicity. It sells homemade ice cream, which is hard to find, and is delicious. And the views from the back of the cafe (there is seating outside) are simply beautiful. It's absolutely worth the ten minutes off the beaten track that it takes to go there. I feel the owners could make much more of it.