“Lovely icecream”
Review of Cafe Linnalla

Cafe Linnalla
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Ballyvaughan
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We were out exploring and came across this gem of a find. The people were lovely and very helpful and the ice cream was absolutely delicious! My daughter never finishes her ice cream and I've never seen her eat an ice cream so quick! I definitely rate it up there with Brymour ice cream. Has lovely views as well. Definitely recommend if you're around Newquay exploring and would visit again! Thank you :)

Management response:Responded 11 July 2017

Thank you for your kind comments, it was lovely to meet you all. Brid

Reviewed 6 December 2016

We went for a two hour hike around the beautiful New Quay area on the bank holiday weekend and called into Cafe Linalla on the outward leg seduced by the offer of fresh homemade icecream and coffees. It was not worth it;

It's a soulless little place, and we were served by a grumpy teen who looked like she'd rather be elsewhere.

The ice cream was overpriced, in miserly portions and frankly tasteless. The worst though was the "milkshake". We expected an Eddie Rocket's 1,000 calorie masterpiece, we got a €4 glass of frothy milk that took 15 minutes to deliver. The coffees are also priced above average.

Overall, not worth it by a long shot.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

I found Linnalla's while driving around the coastline near Ballyvaughan. There are two ways to get to it while driving, and of course I drove the very narrow, curvy cow-path lane that leads to a tiny parking area where you can walk up a path to Linnalla's. However, on the way, I saw 25 wild swans swimming in the pond and was also only yards away from the ocean, so it was well worth it. Anyway, Linnalla's is a tiny place with homemade ice cream made with milk from the owners' shorthorn cows, and it's delicious. I had the toffee flavor -- scrumptious! Linnalla means 'wild swans', by the way. I chatted with the owner (whose name I forgot), and she's a lovely woman. This is definitely worth the stop. It's also on the way to the historic tower at the end of the peninsula.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

People can be a touch harsh I think reading some of these reviews... look it is a modest little cafe, yes. But it's charming for its simplicity. It sells homemade ice cream, which is hard to find, and is delicious. And the views from the back of the cafe (there is seating outside) are simply beautiful. It's absolutely worth the ten minutes off the beaten track that it takes to go there. I feel the owners could make much more of it.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We were recommended to go there by a stranger that we met in Ballyvaughan so we did. It was further off the beaten track than we were expecting but that didn't bother us. The little yard that we pulled into was stark and uninviting. The parlour was the same. Only for a few nice farming photos on the walls it would have been characterless. The views however were spectacular and outside seating was pleasant.
We decided to start with 2 crepes and were first to order however the young man serving asked if he could serve the family of 3 behind us first as the crepes took a while which was no problem except it took him 5+ minutes to serve them. Then he had to go and mix the batter so by the time he even put the batter on the maker 10 mins had passed since I ordered and a crowd was building up. He was a pleasant young lad who CLEARLY needed help behind the counter and it was awful unfair that he was there on his own. From the prices charged they should have more staff. It wasn't his fault and he was under pressure. The crepes took ages to cook and sadly he didn't wear gloves (which were right beside him) and he was turning the crepes by hand!! Scratching his back and head!! Having waited for almost 20 minutes (truly not the young lads fault, entirely due to understaffing) from order to paying the food tasted good. Not jaw dropping but it was nice. We got icecream after and it was served quickly as the queue had gone.
My heart went out to the lad and I've no doubt that in a fluster with only one pair of hands to do everything he simply forgot the gloves but the rest was a management issue. We won't go back I don't think. Might have done if the service wasn't so slow!