“Wholesome food with a smile”
Review of The Tea Junction - CLOSED

The Tea Junction
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

This is a brightly lit small cafe with two friendly staff and wonderful smells when you walk in. Delicious ingredients for their sandwiches, excellent coffee and an awesome tasting brownie. Prices were reasonable. Daily homemade soup. Definitely a nice change from the typical pub food!

1  Thank MPR1967

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

I stopped this morning at this sort of charming little tea shop in the lovely village of Ballyvaughan.

I ordered to takeaway, a tea and half a sausage sandwich and was charged 6 euros. Let me be clear.
That's one slice of white bread buttered with one sausage. That's it.

If there's one think I don't mind is paying more for quality. However, this is just totally "taking the piss". Not exactly a great strategy going forward. Ye may need to look at that. Leaving your customers with a bad taste like that is not cool.

Not Happy.

Bia_bia_12, Owner at The Tea Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Thank you for your feed back. Please be aware that it is the entire cost of running a cafe that dictates the price of a sandwich not simply it's ingredients.
I know to some customers we are just " a charming little tea shop in the lovely village of Ballyvaughan" but we are also a business trying to survive. The reputation that customers can come in to our cafe, order half portions of our reasonably priced food and pay half the price, is one that we don't want, as it would be enough to close us down and put our staff out of a job.
I can tell by our choice of vocabulary that you're very upset. May I suggest the next time you're in a similar situation that you voice your grievances before leaving the premises.
Just so there's no hard feelings, I'd like to offer you a complimentary half portion of soup the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Nice quaint little cafe in the middle of Ballyvaughan village.Plent of parking space withing walking distance to it aswel. Very friendly staff and the chefs there are very creative in their dishes. Very tasty and fresh food.

1  Thank Charlieadare
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Gorgeous, wholesome food. Fabulous home cooking . Just so comfortable and welcoming. Great value too.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Simple dishes very good and cheap, all homemade, very warm welcome, coloring pages available for children ... great stop for a break!!