“Beautiful food lovely location”

Burren Fine Wine and Food
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Ballyvaughan
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We are open May 1st through Mid-September from 11am-5pm Daily. Our Dishes follow the rhythm of the season drawing on the best of what the Burren has to offer and enlivening them with sweet and savoury touches. Serving them with our delicious home made scones, breads, pickled vegetables and condiments. Enjoy our Beilini Plates (Irish Tapas), Smoked Fish, Chicken and Regional Cheeses, Stone Baked Pizzas, Seasonal Soups, Weekly Specials and a range of mouth-watering Homemade Desserts. Lunches are a delicious blend of local and regional produce, the culinary know-how of our Chef and Cathleen's baking and gardening skills.
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Had lunch with a few friends here recently and it was fabulous. The restaurant itself is a quaint cottage with lovely furnishing and a fantastic view. There are tables outside also which we were lucky enough to be able to spend some time at in the sun.
The menu is lovely and seems to use all local produce. There's a great selection of wine too.
The three of us couldn't pass up the special of the day which was open crab sandwiches. Homemade white and brown bread, beautiful salad and super fresh and tasty crab. The presentation was gorgeous.
We had a coffee afterwards which was really good too and needed to face into corkscrew hill where we met a bus on one of the smaller bends. I would definitely make the effort to go have lunch here.

Llewyn M, Chef at Burren Fine Wine and Food, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2015

Glad we could help you make it up corkscrew hill! It was a pleasure to have your group here, and yes, everything you had was made with local produce! Thank you for the recommendation and the great review. Travel well!

There are newer reviews for Burren Fine Wine and Food

Reviewed 5 June 2015

We had the salmon and mackerel plate and it was delicious. This is a new venture and we hope it goes from strength to strength.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

A lovely old stone building ( maybe once a stable?) houses this out of the way stop...Food was tasty and just the right amount, I had the chicken salad and a lot of times there are too many greens, but this was perfect. Since it is a stone, if found it a little chilly, but the warmth of'the owner ( and my Aran sweater) made me overlook the chill....also there was a stove in the dining room, but we were not lucky enough to sit beside it. All in all, a grand experience for a reasonable,price.

Reviewed 17 September 2014

I have made over a dozen attempts to eat here over the last couple of years and have never found it open.

I have avoided July and August but have tried other times in the summer holiday season as well as shoulder season and low season. The signs leading you there are displayed telling you that it is open daily for food and fine wines but on arrival it has always been deserted with no notices to let you know the truth of the situation.

I'm giving up, I like to support small enterprises but not ones that have no respect for their customers.

5  Thank groeslongirl
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was in the Burren region some years ago in search of the famous Gregans Castle. I was accompanied by my elderly mother. It transpired that no lunch was available midweek at Gregans but a stones throw away we spotted a sign for a "wine bar". Now a wine bar is not something one expects to find in the middle of the rugged and stunning countryside that is the Burren. We had a beautiful lunch there and we promised ourselves a return trip. I have been in the Burren numerous times since and as I could never find this place, I assumed that either it had closed down or that we had been dreaming! However out on the same drive just last month, there it is "Burren Fine Wine and Food Company". I had not taken account of the seasonal nature of the little businesses in the Burren. So we had the most beautiful lunch of quiche, chowder and locally sourced salads. The owner is a lovely friendly person and the feeling of hospitality and quality of produce does indeed have a dreamlike quality! Do be cautious of its seasonality.