Drumcreehy House near Ballyvaughan is in the heart of The Burren in County Clare, surely one of the most rugged, beautiful and strange landscapes in the whole of Ireland.
The house is immaculately presented and meticulously maintained by Armin and Bernadette, the owners. Breakfast is served in a beautifully decorated dining room and consists of a perfect blend of continental (cold meats, cheeses, compote, etc) and traditional Irish. Irresistible.
The "honesty bar" allows you to serve yourself and enjoy a wide variety of reasonably priced drinks in the peace and tranquility of yet another wonderfully decorated room and have it added to your bill. On top of that, you can make yourself a cup of "proper" tea, from Darjeeling to Rooibosch to herbal. And proper coffee. The hosts are welcoming and attentive without being intrusive. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with splendid views over Galway Bay or the Burren mountains.
You can hire a bike in the village at very reasonable rates to explore the back roads at a leisurely pace. Opportunities for hill walking abound.There are restaurants and bars, and a great traditional music scene. You are in easy reach of the fabulous Ailwee Cave (and there is a discount!)
In almost four years of living in Ireland, travelling extensively from Baltimore in Cork to Malin Head in Donegal, this has to be one one the best B&Bs we've ever found!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Ballyvaughan, Drumcreehy House is a delightful country style home, boasting superb views of Galway bay and the surrounding Burren Landscape.Open fires, antique furnishings and a friendly and personal service by your conscientious hosts Bernadette and Armin, serve to make your stay both enjoyable and memorable.Ten ensuite bedrooms, decorated with old world charm, yet equipped with all modern conveniences (Telephone, TV, WiFi). Some enjoy magnificent sea views while others overlook the splendour of the Burren hinterland.Allow us to spoil you with our extensive continental buffet and a choice of delicious cooked breakfasts in a relaxed and homely atmosphere.Relax by the open fire and enjoy complimentary tea or coffee with cakes or help yourself to wine in our cosy honesty bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Drumcreehy Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drumcreehy Guest House Hotel Ballyvaughan
- Drumcreehy Country House Ballyvaughan, The Burren, County Clare