“Happy to Report”

L'Arco Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Ballyvaughan
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2018

My wife and I decided to try L'Arco again this evening and we were pleasantly surprised by an improved overall dining experience. There was an ample and attentive waitstaff this evening, all of whom were genuinely interested in ensuring that we were attended to. We enjoyed a nice wine, two different pizzas and a desert (we shared) and two cappuccinos. All was delicious and served hot and on time. Well Done! One recommendation is that I would recommend that one (1) pizza is enough to be shared by a couple.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

A very big barn like room that is run in chaos.we were s group of 8 every plate we had was not only below par but rotten. Focaccia that turned out to be mini pizza. A dish of pasta salmon which had to be returned as it had no salmon . I kid you not. Other pasta dishes were congealed uncooked lumps.

1  Thank thomasq479
Larco2009, Manager at L'Arco Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to rewiev our restauarant as this helps us improve day by day. I have to appoligise for any mistakes that was made and that you did not enjoy your evening at L'arco , I did speak to the members of staff that was on the evening and served your table.

Your waiter replace the wrong dish as soon he could and did keep coming to your table to see if all was ok, But you failed to mention any dislike or displeased with any of your dishes or service. Also we do normally ask when people don't finish there food if something was wrong, as your table finished most of their food i find it strange that you would not mention anything on the evening and decided to write comment on trip advisor?

If you like you could email us with any issue you might have- I would like to personally invite you back to insure next time you leave, it would be an excellent dinning experience .

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Visited here early in August on a weekend , Felt like Younger staff do more than older staff. Italian waiter looks over stressed and takes it out on younger staff. When eating I could hear the two Italian staff arguing . Not very hostile for a family restaurant. Younger staff are more social then older ones. Male staff needs haircuts as one young on has hair over his eyes and one has it in a male bun longer than my wifes.

When eating male waiter slammed plate down on table and walked away. I asked for some cheese off him for my pasta but he ignored.

Feel like two Italian waiter and waitress should not be working together as they are always talking and together while younger staff are bursting themselves to get around to see if everyone is okay.

L'Arcos was such a nice place , what happened ....

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

In all and all I have heard so many nice things about this place I decided to go in with my husband , we were greeted with a warm welcome from a young waitress which was very polite . It was very busy and I notice that the small Italian waiter and waitress were always together and always getting the younger staff to do everything even if they were busy !, The food was bland and tasteless and I also found a short black hair but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to get in the way , during our meal only the young waitress on the floor came and asked us if we were OK . The Italian waiter kept giving us a look when he looked down at the table . The guiness tasted funny aswell but we drank it . When I looked up at the bar I saw one of the chefs(I think ) coming out , he looked scruffy and had no hair net . I think this place is a complete disappointment and only makes the approval to one nice staff member.

Wouldn't come back again

1  Thank eileenconnelly
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I went out with my family to this restaurant as it was recommended. Unfortunately I/We were disappointed. Starters were ok but soup was watery and tasteless. Other starters were good. Main courses tasteless and very bland. The chicken Venice was very poor and served on a bed of salad leaves and was totally tasteless. Salad that came with it was just leaves with cherry tomato not a very nice salad dish. Something missing I'd say. Lasagne was tasteless and cheese on top was thicker than the pastry and bolognaise. Tagalatele bolognaise was bland and left something to be desired. I'd say maybe some sauce and flavoring required. Tiramisu was very heavy and destroyed with extra coffee. Carlsberg was also rather poor and warm. Overall our experience was poor and will not be back even though we have friends working there. As for price range overall very poor for the food and drink we got.

1  Thank patrickmckeever