Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$129
TripadvisorUS$129
Expedia.comUS$129
Hotels.comUS$129
eDreamsUS$129
HurbUS$133
All reviews lovely hotel bar restaurant steak food was lovely the main street next morning small town staff were so friendly very pleasant stay two nights wild atlantic way lovely room lovely town hidden gem liam ireland pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

I booked a one night stay as a birthday treat to myself! When we arrive the receptionist was lovely and checked us in very quickly. She asked us where we were coming from and was just overall very nice. Our room was in the first floor- we booked a deluxe room. It was a lovely room but I would not call it deluxe - the decor was nice but the attention to detail was lacking. There was a leak from the toilet and the overall decor finish could have been a little more “finished”. My main issue was that the hair dryer did not have a cover over the fan which is a big health and safety issue - if you caught you hair in it you would be in trouble - so definitely change that ASAP!
We had dinner in the bar/ restaurant and it was just basic bar food and it was ok. Breakfast for me was a let down. These days lots of people are health conscious or have allergies. They did not offer an alternative to full fat milk. When I ask for skimmed milk or even low fat I was told that they didn’t have any - only full fat. I have to say I have never stayed in a hotel that did not offer an alternative to full fat milk - someone at the table next to us asked for soya milk so they had no hope! The waitress did however offer to make my porridge with water which was very kind and I did take her up on her offer.
Overall the Nesbitt Arms is great if you just want basic accommodation for one or two nights while travelling around beautiful Donegal but for €145 per night they need to up their game just a little.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Claire O Reilly, Owner at Nesbitt Arms Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel and thank you for your review. I have taken on board your very important comments and have actioned same.

I have addressed same and hopefully when you return, you will see that this was not our normal practice.

Kind regards and thank you again for your very helpful review.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 September 2020

What's the definition of outstanding customer service? How about the hotel staff who go out of their way to help someone who isn't even a guest.

While staying (elsewhere) in the area, we needed a good broadband connection for an online job interview that arose at short notice. The Nesbitt folk were brilliant, and gave us the use of a lovely room and the hotel broadband, without which the opportunity would have been lost. We can't thank you enough.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind review of our team and hotel. I am glad your experience here was great as that's what we are here for. I do hope you will join us again in the future, sit back relax and let us look after you again.

Kindest regards and thank you again for your great review

Reviewed 17 September 2020 via mobile

Our stay was lovely , great service , very nice staff friendly and welcoming. Our room was fabulous, clean & airy. The bed was extremely comfortable. Reasonably priced in a lovely centre location in Donegal

2  Thank C4654HSbriand

Dear Guest

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I a, thrilled that you enjoyed your time here with us and experienced our true Donegal welcome. I do hope you will come back again in the future.

Kindest regards and thank you once again for your kind review.

Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

This hotel is maintained to a really high standard and is situated on the Main Street in the town. Extremely clean which is most important in covid times. Lovely bright decor. Friendly staff in the bar & restaurant. Food lovely. Would highly recommend

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Claire O Reilly, Owner at Nesbitt Arms Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2020

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and got to experience our true Donegal welcome. I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to our team here. I do hope you will return to us in the future for another Donegal break.

With kind regards

Claire , Liam & Team

Reviewed 2 September 2020

Stayed two nights. Dinner Good had steak.Irish coffee very good..Nice breakfast. Friendly staff..Clean hotel...shower gel to small.Shower very bad.water pressure poor.Water was Hot to hot .no cold water in the shower mix....Bed good and room clean....

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time here with us, however I apologise for the shower issue. Its a pity you didn't bring this to our attention at the time so we could have remedied the issue for you to ensure your stay was 100%. I have taken on board your comments and have addressed same.

I do hope you will return to us at a later date to see that this was a maintenance issue on that particular night.

Kind regards