All reviews dundrum house self catering wedding venue second to none top class food was fantastic beef margaret cashel ireland estate dolores mary rock glen
Reviewed 26 October 2016

We arranged to meet our aunt for lunch at The Venue which is the Golf Club part of this hotel. The staff were more interested in chatting to the locals around the bar than giving us menus and we had to go in search of some. We had to ask to place our orders and when the food arrived it was just dreadful. My salad had the most disgusting dressing on it that I could not eat. The chicken sandwich was processed meat and again awful. No one would come to clear our plates so i had to go to the bar to ask for our bill but had to wait until the lady had finished her conversation with the locals. The whole place was tired and run down and in need of a major refurbishment. We will not return.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Australia1959
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Stunning scenery and golf course. The houses on the property were very comfortable & cosy. Very warm and clean. The most comfortable beds ever!
Margaret served us in the golf club for dinner and couldn't have done enough for us.
Amazing 18 hole course, very challenging with lots of water and a very long course.

Room Tip: The houses on site have two large bedrooms en suite and are very comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I would just like to express my opinion on our recent stay at your supposed hotel. I booked this for me and my family of two adults and three children. We booked one of your two bedroom houses for two nights, which were quite expensive but I didn't mind because ur website showed some fabulous pics of houses and the hotel,????. When we arrived to ur hotel???? We were flabbergasted to find a closed down horrible looking hotel. We saw a big sign saying to check in at leisure centre which I thought was highly unusual. Anyways after going to check in at leisure centre, I meet a really nice guy who informed me that the hotel had a fire 12 months ago. I looked on in shock as nowhere on your website do u say that. The place is so run down and shabby its unreal. When we checked into house number 4 on first look it looked quite nice, but as we settled in we saw mould everywhere, the back door lead to a decking area, which was horrific and we couldn't let the kids out there. Decking was broken , paint peeling off the door empty bottle of beer with fag butts in it. Obviously hadn't been cleaned in ages. All in all I was disgusted by what I was charged and ur false advertising of a lovely hotel with fine dining and relaxing bar. What a joke. Will never return and will be putting this up on trip advisor. U should update your page so nobody else will be deceived like my family were.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
8  Thank Niamhtino
Reviewed 15 August 2016

A very comfortable place for a family of ten to eat and relax, even with very young children. The wait staff were very understanding, and the room is large enough that were were able to settle in lounge chairs with small tables away from the adults at the bar!

Good foo and good hospitality!

Room Tip: We were staying nearby and enjoyed the Pub for dinner two nights!
Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Stayed in the hotel it was great, clean, roomy and full of character. The staff were very friendly and very helpful and I was always greeted with a smiling face.The golfing was awesome, fabulous course 'aw jack's field'. Would definitely stay again no doubt, actually organising another stay!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends