1,539 results
All reviewskilliney hilldublin bayreal castledalkey villagelibrary bardart stationsea viewirish seatwo double bedsleisure facilitiesfamily roombit datedlobby areadun laoghairedungeon restaurantdublin airportireland
Reviewed 12 August 2018

This is a nice hotel but it is old and worn. The workers were nice and the room is serviceable. The rooms seem to have been updated more than the actual lobby and public areas. The whole place just says old. It by no means is terrible and I would stay here again if I had to. It was a last minute change of plans that ended us up here and we are further from the airport than I would have liked. We did not eat here or have any drinks here so I can't speak for that side of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank amysS1914TJ
Mark S, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear amysS1914TJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for your feedback.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and would return to us. With regards to the decor, this is something we are putting a lot of focus on with significant investment which hopefully you will see the benefit of should you return

Thank you again for your review and hopefully we can welcome you back in the future.

Director & General Manage

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Yes other reviews are correct, the Castle doesn’t have Air-conditioning in every room. I assure you this wasn’t a major inconvenience or problem. The Killiney Castle circa 1847, was located in the small community 10 or 12 Miles outside of Dublin. The train station is in the beautiful little town of Killiney, a 10 minuet walk and all downhill, so convenient and inexpensive to commute into the city with lovely views of the coastal towns along the way. 6.50€ Roundtrip.

We spent quite a bit of time with the locals of Killiney, wonderful people, restaurants, pharmacy, pubs, a grocery and it’s a fishing village. The Pope will be visiting Killiney in two weeks, needless to say it’s a safe, clean and predominately a Christian community.

I also must mention the Killiney Hill, just a short walk up the hill from the castle, best views of Ireland, fresh air and there is a cafe at the bottom of the park.

I must mention the staff at Fitzpatrick Castle, they couldn’t have been more warm, hospitable and kind people.

Other than the fire alarm going off after midnight on our last nights stay, we have nothing but complements. Even during the evacuation we met such interesting guests and it seemed like a social gathering rather that a possible life saving exercise.

Thank you all at the Fitzpatrick Castle for making us feel so welcome. ☘️

Dear Mr.Lee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for your feedback.

It is a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay and got to explore the beautiful local area.
Thank you for your kind comments about the team here they are most certainly our bigest asset.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle in the future.

Director & General Manage

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Arrival: no slope so dragged cases up steps to Reception: friendly enough but not told main lift broken; emphasis on processing credit card
Room: suite - good size; dated & bland; ridiculous sliding divider. Small window with good view
Coffee m/c & kettle but small selection of pods/teabags.
Had full Irish breakfast in room and saw it again was incapacitated & missed planned visits in Dublin. The hot brandy from the bar was reviving & nicely done. Ordered tea & sandwiches in room at 5pm & order messed up so got 5 herbal teabags no earl grey. Staff all young and friendly but seems no senior management around. Went in Dalkey for a walk and ate elsewhere & decided to check out after night 2 of planned 5. Location good and there’s a large indoor pool n spa tub which looked pleasant but be prepared to battle to get service.

1  Thank NewForestView

Dear NewForestView,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologise for the issue with one of our lifts this is being replaced in the coming weeks and I am sorry this caused inconvenience.

I will follow up the rest of your issues with the team here to ensure they are corrected and thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Should you wish to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We expected a lovely room as in the photos, and had the royal suite. However, it was dusty and the rug was stained and dirty. The shower was so small and cheap that I didn't even bother with it. We were there only one night, what a relief. We also stayed at the Clontarf Castle hotel, a thousand times better, cleaner, newer, and better use of the castle that existed.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rollie L
Mark S, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Rollie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I am disappointed to read you did not enjoy your room or stay with us. I will follow up the issues you mention with our accomodation manager.
Thank you again for leaving your feedback.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to Ireland for our honeymoon, and we were less than pleased with our stay at this “castle”. We had a late flight and did not get to the location until very late. The check in process was aggravating, as the desk agent was not very helpful when asked questions. He also was asking us for a voucher, and when I asked him what he was talking about, he said to forget it and told me to just get it to him. He couldn’t explain what type of voucher he was asking for.

The room was average, and needs an update. There were settling cracks in the ceiling in the bathroom, the baseboards are filthy, and the wallpaper was peeling.

We slept in, so we took breakfast in the lobby. Breakfast was good, but over priced. The waiters were less than friendly and we didn’t feel welcome.

This is not an environment for newlyweds. It was made abundantly clear to us that this was used as a community center. The pool had specific swim times and as a hotel guest you had to be buzzed in to use it. We were not made aware that you had to have a swimming cap to use the pool until we went to swim and were told we had to purchase them.

We felt out of place for our entire stay and were happy to leave these accommodations.

1  Thank alissa82

Dear Alissa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
It is very disappointing to read of your negative experience.

I apologise for the issues you experienced as this is not the service we aim to deliver to our guests. With regards to decor, we have an ongoing planned programme of refurbishment and have invested heavily in refurbishment over the last number of years and remain committed to doing so over the coming years.

Thank you again for leaving your feedback and if you would like to discuss any elements of your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me directly.