“What joy to discover this restaurant!”
Review of Campo de' Fiori

Campo de' Fiori
Ranked #15 of 97 Restaurants in Bray
Price range: US$6 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We went to try this restaurant on a deal voucher. The host was warm and very friendly, and let us sit wherever we wanted on weeknight. He described the seafood delights of the restaurant (the aromas wafting in the air indicated this) and where the supply came from, which increased my anticipation for the food. We had a look at the menu, and I for one couldnt decide between two starters (scallops or baby squid) after he described them. I chose the scallops and I was transported to scallop heaven! Then joy of joys, he also gave us the baby squid too, since he saw my dilemma. What a wonderful restaurant!
I had the seafood grill platter and my husband had the special of the day, which is pasta with clams. Both wonderful. We finished off with tiramisu and a selection of 3 desserts in one platter. We went home bursting-at-the-seams full and happy, just as if we were fed with love by our Italian mamma!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I went here twice in February, first time on Valentine's Night with hubby and it was a lovely evening, food was fantastic, service excellent and the ladies were given a little gift bag of homemade heart shaped cookies. We went the following week for my brother's 30th birthday and it was better again. There were 8 of us and the food was just divine. I had the steak this time and it was melt in your mouth, the sides were so tasty too. Cannot wait to go back again.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I ordered the oxtail ragout and it was terrible. Fatty bits and i left pretty much all of it. Having said this a couple of the people with me ordered the T-bone steak it was massive and also very very tasty. Maybe i just ordered the wrong thing.

1  Thank Davekerr1848
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I am what you might call a regular diner in Campo and always find the whole experience really good.

Both food and service are always great. My only suggestion would be to change the early bird menu every few weeks to give more variety for what is an excellent offering.

The new cafe/market across the road in what used to be Campo is also super and offers the best value coffee in Bray - €1.90 for the best cappucino I've had for a long time!

Enjoy!

2  Thank annaihr
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Well, we went to the Campo de' Fiori for a Christmas party at work.
When we book the tables we were asked to pre-book the menue for each staff member as this would make things a lot easier for the kitchen. This was no problem at all for us and we all pre-booked the menue about 2 weeks in advance.

Well, when we all arrived there we were very nicely welcomed and the athmosphere in the restaurant was very nice. As we all pre-book our menue we thought that things would go quiet quick and we asumed that the kitchen had already prepared most of what we ordered. Well, we thought wrong!
It took ages for the orders to be served. Some of my colleauges had to wait for up to 40 minutes for their main course, some of them were only served a piece of meat and were missing the garnish. One of us never got her ordered potatoes. The whole service was a complete mess, taking in consideration that everything was pre-booked. Even the topings for the pizzas.

I personly had Antipasti as starter and they were ok, not outstanding but good quality and decent for the price. Unfortunately my main course was disappointing. I had pasta with a creamy tomato sauce and for an italian restaurant the pasta was poor. No flavour at all, I had to put tones of salt on it to get any flavour out of it. My dessert was ok but I'm spoilt with italian desserts and therefore it wouldn't be fair to rate it.

Well, I think on a normal day the service will be good but as we pre-book everything, the service should habe been better.
The food was decent and ok but not as good as everyone told us about!

It's ok for a night out but nothing special.

2  Thank Schnuk-Schnuk