US$163
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Woodville(Bray)
All reviewsa large family roomthe ground floorbreakfast buffetlovely hotelself servicebar foodenjoyable stayporridgetea and coffeehot foodcounty wicklowstayed for one nightfirst morningtown centrean overnight staystaff were lovelynet curtains
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Just spent an overnight stay and would definitely return. Room was very spacious and quiet and the beds really comfortable! Had a lovely breakfast with plenty of choice. Couldn't think of anything you would want for breakfast that wasn't available.
My only complaint would be the room described on the website said robes were provided but we found this not to be the case which was a bit disappointing especially as the towels are a little on the small side!! Maybe next time!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KristinaUk
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Thank you for your review I am pleased you enjoyed our comfortable accommodation and popular breakfast. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Myself and my husband stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. We had stayed in it previously when it was the Ramada, and in my opinion is has been drastically improved under Wilton. The beds were comfortable and clean. The room was nice and spacious with a free safe in the wardrobe. The only problem I had with the room, was that the walls were a little thin. While lying in bed, we were able to hear the person in the room next to us snoring. But than was easy enough to ignore once my husband started snoring.

For me the bathroom was clean enough. We spent the bare minimum of time in there so as long as the floor is clean enough to walk on bare footed, I'm generally ok. I did see the dirt that previous reviewers have talked about but there was plenty of clean wall to look at so and the dirt didnt look like feces or other body matter so who cares. I loved that the shower was detachable and not stuck to the wall, and the water pressure was great. The towels were a little on the small side.

The breakfast buffet did have an impressive choice. Yes the toasters did take forever and the food area was a little cramped. But the food was fresh and the only fly I saw, was off haressing other people so it didnt bother me.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay, I would go back and I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Thank you for your review and I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay at the Wilton Hotel. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

stayed here in July for 3nights. staff friendly, rooms spacious and breakfast amazing.
we also dined here for most of our meals and can honestly say food was amazing.
it could do with a little lick of paint, and rooms on 2nd floor very very warm.
overall we had a lovely, well needed family break in bray.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank littlerach
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Hello. thanks for your great review I am delighted you enjoyed one of our great value family breaks. Its good to read you enjoyed the accommodation and the food so much. Once it quietens down in the Autumn we have a planned painting programme to do to touch up the wear and tear of the summer. We all hope to see you again soon at the Wilton Hotel Bray.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We have just returned from a weekend break in Bray and a two night stay at the Wilton Hotel. Having read some recent reviews I was a little concerned, but decided to hope for the best, and we were n't disappointed. Our party consisted of myself, my husband and our three young adult children. We booked a large family room, sleeping six.

We arrived late last Saturday afternoon, having spent the day sight-seeing in Wicklow. Despite the reception area being busy, we were checked in promptly. We were delighted with the room we were allocated. It was incredibly spacious with two double beds and two single beds which were all very comfortable and with spotlessly clean and fresh linen.

The bathroom was equally spacious and very clean - not only was there a great power shower, but the bath itself was lovely and deep - ideal for a long soak (I have a pet hate for hotels that have small shallow baths!). There were also plenty of towels and toiletries to hand. There was also lots of hot water all day.

The room also had a lovely seating area with two 3-seater couches and a coffee table, where we could sit and relax to watch a DVD on the player which was connected to the flat screen tv. The television signal itself is poort at times, but it really didn't bother us. It is also worth noting, that despite our room facing the front of the hotel, just to the right of the main door, we had two blissfully sound nights sleep. This despite the fact that the hotel was extremely busy on both nights!

Breakfast on both mornings was really good with a great selection of continental style and hot food to choose from - they even had rice cakes, so I think most dietary requirements would have been taken care of here.

All of the staff that we encountered during our stay were very pleasant and attentive.

The only faults we could identify really were the following:

(a) The tiled floors on the ground floor and the floor of the lift were a little sticky at times and required more regular cleaning.
(b) The bar is essentially in the reception area of the hotel, so anyone having a meal or a drink is doing so to the background of constant movement around them.
(c) The decor is in need of freshening up - i..e walls are marked or scuffed in places (nothing that a paint brush wouldn't solve quickly)

However, despite the above, we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for comfortable, yet good value accommodation (we paid €240 in total for two nights b&b for five of us - excellent I thought), in a location which is close to the sights of Dublin or the peace and beauty of Wicklow. We will definitely return - well done Wilton Hotel!

Room Tip: I don't think it matters which room you choose - you're almost guaranteed a great night's sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alcudiafan

Thank you for taking the time to add such a great review we are all delighted you had such an enjoyable stay. I am very pleased you found your accommodation so clean and comfortable. Its also great you enjoyed our super location and friendly staff. Thank you for the recommendation and we certainly would love to see you back in the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Booked in here for one nights stay as my partner always wanted to go to Bray. We checked in at 1.00pm even though you cant book in until 3.00pm. The receptionist was fast, friendly and helpful. She checked if our room was ready and it was. Only downside was that the hotel is well out of the way and to get to the town you need a taxi es.pecially if you were having a drink

Our room was very clean and basic even though it was the executive suite. Dont know what it expected of an executive suite but everything was good. Loved the bed which was very comfortable and had a great nights sleep. Was disappointed that there was no entertainment in the bar area. This would do well as there were plenty of visitors in the hotel and someone playing a guitar or even an organ would be great.

Breakfast the next morning was plentiful, varied and hot. The only thing I would disagree with is having to get your own tea and coffee. Dont mind the buffet breakfast but the tea and coffee station is a disaster waiting to happen. Shouldn't have the hot coffee and tea station right beside the toaster as guests are trying to get their toast while others are trying to get their hot drinks.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. You will be pleased to know that we have relocated the toaster at the breakfast buffet to stop it getting so congested for tea/coffees as we do listen to what our customers have to say. I certainly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.