“Nice clean hotel”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bray
Kells, Ireland
“Nice clean hotel”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel at end of Jan 2012, we got a great deal of double room, breakfast and dinner for less than €100. When booking I had read on trip advisor about issues people had being near function rooms re noise at night, so when I booked I requested a room away from these. On arrival our room was on the top floor....away from any noise. The staff were polite and friendly, the room was ok, small, but clean and functional.
There were some great bars on the seafront, and we had the dinner in the hotel later that evening which again was fine, waitress was nice and attentive and there were no delays.
When we returned later that night there was a 21st birthday party in full flight so we were glad we got a room away from any noise....not that we noticed any.
Breakfast next day was nice, good choice and tasty food.
Overall quite happy with our stay. It is a 3 star and doesn't profess to be any more than that. We'd happily go again and would love to bring friends along.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave E
HelenRamadaBray, Public Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Hello and thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Esplanade Hotel, Bray. I am pleased to read you enjoyed and experienced the best in our food accommodation and friendly staff as well as our great and convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Western Esplanade Hotel Bray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel New years Eve. Got to the hotel about 7pm and the girl on reception was lovely, so friendly and helpful. Went to our room and it was quiet big, 2 large double beds. window looked out on the carpark but that didnt matter to us. Lovely en-suite bathroom aswell.
We didnt eat in the hotel so i cant make any comment on the food. We came back to the hotel just after midnight and had a few drinks in the residents bar until it shut at 2am. Had a great sleep and no disturbances at all which was great. Would def reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice relaxed friendly hotel to stay in and I cant wait to go back again myself and I will make sure i eat there next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as there may be some noise at front from passing traffic.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Hello, Thank you for adding your review I am pleased you enjoyed your stay on New Years Eve and enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we do have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and we certainly do recommend you try dinner. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Bray.
Wexford
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Nice clean hotel in an excellent location right on the historic Bray victorian esplanade. Good value and quite comfortable and quiet. One niggle though as car parking can be problem if the hotel is anything near full. Other wise very good value

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Hello, thank you for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay and our great location right on the seafront in Bray. We do have a car park with limited car parking but there is plenty of public parking areas to the front of the hotel although I appreciate it is more preferable to get in the car parking. I hope we will see you again soon.

Bray
meath
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed the night in this hotel on 1st of Dec '11. Staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. Didn't really like the "old fashioned" style of decor on the way up to my room nor the old look of the room itself. However, my real problem was with the cold. The room was very cold all nite and if it weren't for a blanket i found which weighed a ton i would have had no sleep at all! Great view of the sea across the road though and a good breakfast. I wont be making a return visit to the Esplanade hotel, not even in the warmer Summer.

Room Tip: I believe there is a newer extension. Maybe that's better decor wise and warmer.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank philip m
Hello thank you for your review. I am sorry you found your room cold. The original building is victorian and the decor is in keeping to this but you should have not felt that it was cold as all these rooms are heated however there may have been a difficulty with your individual room heating. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and we are very sorry this impacted your experience at the Best Western Esplanade Hotel..

Bray

Travellers are raving about these Bray hotels

Killarney
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed in Esplanade Hotel last weekend for a christening Was first given a seaview room which was very small dark and generally in need of a good clean On refusing this room we were given one on the fourth floor which was ok
My husband I and another four relations had dinner on the Friday night which was quite nice but not a great choice The bar was cosy but once again not very clean and the price of the drink was much higher than in Kerry
On returing to our room on Saturday night we discovered it hadnt been made up and there were no towels, toilet roll or bed made Rang reception and they did bring up towels but as for appology.... the manager was to contact us but that did not happen
Sunday morning breakfast ..we were down for 9am and the floor was filthy around our table there were even chicken bones on the floor I dread to think how long they had been lying there
The place is generally very dirthy. A Dyson and a good window cleaner are badly needed
The staff are very pleasant Car park quite small and "tight" to get into

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room in the new part of hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathrina B
HelenRamadaBray, Public Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear your recent stay at the Esplanade Hotel, Bray was disappointing I have passed on your comments to the team here to review and take action to ensure all our usual high standards are being met. Your feedback is important to us and we prefer all our guests to enjoy an excellent stay with us and apologise that on this occassion this was not the case for you.

Bray, Co Wicklow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bray
0.4 km away
12.0 km away
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Esplanade Hotel? Share your experiences!