All reviews swiss cottage town square traditional hotel function room breakfast staff central location nice atmosphere friendly hotel an evening meal saturday night very pleasant stay stayed here for one night would highly recommend this hotel breakfast was excellent last weekend well worth a visit old style
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Arrived to an empty reception with another couple waiting. Went into the bar after ten minutes to ask a barman to check us in. Service was good, dinner was fine, rooms were clean and breakfast was very good however if you have any mobility issues forget it. There are steps everywhere, in reception, in the bar, in the restaurant and stairs only to the rooms. With no lift and 25 steps to the first floor other guests had to help me down the stairs. A beautiful old building where a lift may not be possible but a chair lift could be installed. A nice stay but accessibility will stop us returning.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Stayed at this hotel as it was close to my work. I would traditionally have stayed in Clonmel, but decided to try out this location for a change.

Stayed in room 122 and 118. Rooms were clean and comfortable, if a little dated. Decent TV with sufficient channels. Floorboards were noisy in 118, similar next door. Bathroom was functional with a decent shower. Everything worked.

Check-in and checkout was fast, friendly and efficient.

Staff were friendly, courteous and efficient. Hard working and attentive. This is important as I was travelling alone. Its nice to meet a friendly face when alone.

I ate dinner in the bar on both stays and enjoyed the food. Good pint too. I found the starters a little on the high side from a price point of view. My budget was €30 so had to work the menu offerings. Breakfast was good with adequate selection.

Price overall was reasonable and met my budget. No leisure club but then I wasn't looking for one. Good value, clean, comfortable and friendly, I will return again in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2018

My husband and I just had our wedding reception at Cahir House and working with the staff there was an absolute pleasure. When we first starting planning our wedding, we stopped in one day and started talking with one of the owners. He connected us with Colette, the wedding coordinator, and we knew right away we made the right choice. From the time leading up to the wedding to the actual day itself, the professionalism shown by all of the staff was incredible. Colette made us feel at ease and listened to our ideas but also offered suggestions based on her experience. You hear horror stories of wedding planning but working with Cahir House, we never felt worried or stressed. I also want to mention the absolutely amazing food served at our reception. It's been two weeks since the wedding and the food is still coming up in conversation! I would 100% recommend Cahir House to anyone planning a wedding.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I and a group of 22 stayed one night while traveling through Cork, Limerick, and Tipperary. The hotel staff was very accommodating and the location to the pubs was perfect for our overnight stay. Food was also excellent!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night while traveling through Cork, Limerick, and Tipperary. Enjoyed seeing Blarney and Cahir castles and Rock of Cashel. Cahir a nice town to stop and venture from. The hotel is a historical monument with spacious rooms, wifi, tea and coffee, adjacent parking. Very nice bathroom. Great pub/bar downstairs. Excellent service.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple