“Best Indian food I have had in Ireland”

Saffron Indian Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Cashel
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Description: We offer a sophisticated dining experience for those seeking to explore beyond the ordinary and discover the full potential of Indian & Bangladeshi fine dining. So please, let us take you on a tantalising journey across the different regions of Indian subcontinents to create rich authentic flavours. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Me and two others happen to discover this gem by accident when we were in town for a visit to the Rock. The food was utterly Delicious, better then most restaurants I have eaten at in my 10 years in Ireland and by far the best Indian restaurant. The dishes were all cooked with care, great produce and balanced spiced. The service was very friendly and they even gave us a starter to share for free vile we waited. And all this to a very decent price. I will take every chance I get to stop by this place on trips in or close to the area for more.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I stopped in earlier after a small hostel breakfast in Dublin, a long drive, and then about six miles of hikes. The gentleman waiting tables was incredibly nice and outgoing. The food, lamb Tikka and Saffron Chicken, was among the best Indian food I've ever eaten. Spices were on point and every dish had a lot of care put in the preparation. It could've readily fed two if you're moderately hungry, or if you're starving like I was then the portions were perfect and a real deal at €18. The naan was also great!

Overall this place is a real gem and well worth a stop.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this gem while walking around town. Clean quiet dining area with large glass windows overlooking the street below. Our friendly waiter was very attentive. He suggested the Bengal spiced lamb for me, while my wife chose the chicken curry. We added garlic naan and rice. Luckily, the condiments included my favorite lime mixed pickle, as well as a spiced mango sauce, large crisp papadum, and fresh chutney. Both our dishes were delicious. Although kheer was not on the menu, our waiter asked the chef, who made a fresh batch. We left stuffed and satisfied. If you love Indian food, this place is a must. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Best Indian I was ever at. Unreal tasty!! Joane and Amir were very friendly. We had chicken Tikka and Prawn tikka. It was excellent.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

great location , great space, food is great and staff are very friendly. this is mid priced range , the korma is good here