“Mikey Ryans ”

Mikey Ryan's Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Cashel
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Mikey Ryan's Bar & Kitchen is a gastropub in the heart of Cashel. We are situated a stone's throw from the famous Rock of Cashel and just off the Dublin/Cork motorway. Our kitchen, lead by chef Liam Kirwan, has a cooking from scratch ethos with a commitment to sourcing local and organic produce. We offer wholesome, seasonal dishes which reflect Kirwan's interpretation of local gastronomy. The bar stocks a selection of Irish spirits and craft beers, some lesser known than others and our wine list has been carefully curated with a focus on biodynamic, natural and organic wines. It's not such a long way to Tipperary after all... #EveryonebacktoMikeys
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Fantastic, I stopped off here to break a trip from Dublin to cork and I must say it’s a fantastic place, the food is A1 a credit to the chefs, great service and atmosphere. When I arrived the place was buzzing. I had a drink in the bar while I waited for a table as I didn’t have a booking but I was looked after and the staff went out and beyond to accommodate me, Highly recommended.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Three adults for Sunday lunch. Service was all over the shop. One of our party had a dairy allergy. Told the waitress. Food came with creme fresh. Told the waitress and she took it away. It came back with the creme fresh scooped out. Complained but nothing done. Manager ignored us. It's a pity. We live locally but this experience has put us off.

4  Thank PerfectStormKK
TeamResponse, Public Relations Manager at Mikey Ryan's Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

On behalf of the Management team at Mikey’s we sincerely apologise that this complaint was not dealt with immediate effect. We take all customer dietary requirements very seriously and try to accommodate to the best of our ability.
Please if you would like to discuss this further call into me at a time convenient?
We appreciate all business and very much value our local customers.
Best Regards

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I could not rave more about this restaurant, I have been in sunday over the busy weekend and I will definitely be back again, From the staff to the food you couldn't ask for better service, Nothing is too much and the staff will go out of there way to make your experience special, its very cosy and modern with a homely feel. well done Mikeys,

Date of visit: October 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and lovely review.
We hope to see you again.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch today Sunday 29th October, there were 6 of us and we had lunch booked for 1 o clock, we sat down at 12.50 and had ordered by 1, we were waiting a good 30 minutes to receive food at which point we were famished, the food was lovely but if we’re honest, there wasn’t enough food, aside from a small few potatoes and veg, there was nothing extra offered at all, my dad asked for chips and said if he had not, the meal wouldn’t have filled him up, we left and went out to front bar to have a coffee, we ordered and were waiting another 30 mins and nothing, we eventually asked a girl and the coffee came soon after but some of our group said theirs was cold, we left a little disappointed to be honest as despite the food being lovely, the service was awful, which was such a pity as it’s a lovely place, I have been here twice in the last few weeks and we have had the same issue, there were quite a lot of staff so they should have been on top of things, I think staff training would be invaluable here as it would be a pity to see a good restaurant suffer just because of the staff and bad service,

2  Thank Tipp29

We are delighted that you enjoyed your food and our setting but disappointed that you had to wait so long. We have been actively recruiting new staff in the last few months & training our staff to the highest level is one of our top priorities to ensure that your experience does not happen again. We strive to achieve the highest standards and will hopefully use your experience as an example to further improve service.
We pride ourselves in offering the best coffee that we purchase from 3fe, if there was a wait for coffee on that day you should have been informed and certainly not served cold coffee.
We value all our customers and really hope to see you again in- the near future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Having read the reviews we decided to visit this restaurant ,and boy were we so glad we did . Four of my friends a I all working in the food industry were greeted by all pleasant and cheerful staff . Our drinks were brought to our table in the cosy bar before we were seated at our table in the upstairs beautifully decorated restaurant . Our server Rachel looked after Us from there on , and what a smashing stunning girl she was . The food was so tasty and well presented ,followed by French coffee s to prepare us for storm Brian ! Barry the manager checked in on our table what a gem he was to talk to . Many thanks for such a memorable evening looking forward to our next night out .5 star establishment .

Date of visit: October 2017
TeamResponse, Public Relations Manager at Mikey Ryan's Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for your great review and feedback , we look forward to meeting you on your next visit. Rachel is delighted with your lovely compliments.
Thanks