“The best Indian restaurant”
Review of Planet Spice

Planet Spice
Ranked #27 of 67 Restaurants in Clonmel
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Planet Spice Restaurant Is One Of The Famous Indian Restaurant In Clonmel Area.planet Spice Serving Authintic Indian Cuisine In Clonmel Since 2007.
Reviewed 25 August 2018

I went to Planet Spice last weekend for my mother's retirement meal- 5 stars as usual! Was so good that we got a take away from there tonight. I had Lamb Rogan Josh- my mother had Chicken Raj- with Pilau rice and a Peshwari Naan. Absolutely gorgeous! I could not fault this restaurant! Since returning from the UK where Indian is almost a national cuisine now, I am delighted to have Planet Spice close by.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My husband and I visited Planet Spice tonight to celebrate his Birthday and yet again we enjoyed a sumptuous meal served by wonderful staff in beautiful surroundings. We have been regulars at this restaurant for many years, since the very first night it opened its doors. It is by far the finest Indian restaurant we have eaten in, and we have eaten in quite a few to say the least! Consistently excellent cuisine and friendly, helpful staff ensure that diners enjoy a really special experience. The chef only uses the finest,natural spices to colour the dishes, not dangerous artificial colourings used by so many. The tasteful decor and soft lighting creates a cosy and calming ambience and it is very easy to while away the hours over a superb meal and a nice bottle of wine.

1  Thank Vivienne W
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Saturday night, we entered Planet Spice to a warm welcome. The interior is exceptionally clean and well presented. The food, is absolutely fantastic. I had the Seikh kebabs which although small, were extremely tasty. Followed with the Lamb Madras and the lamb, oh my god, the lamb was so tender and not as hot as I would normally like, but the flavors were superb. Real garlic on the nan and I was just so impressed with every aspect of the meal. Well done and looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Booked lunch for Christmas eve, love this restaurant. Regular take away customer, not to often we have sit down meal. Anyway visited yesterday Sunday for lunch, but handed the usual Sunday lunch menu on a Christmas page, lovely touch but the exact same menu every Sunday is €11.99, but the same menu yesterday was €23.99. Guy I understand charging an extra few Euro around busy period, but double the price is an outrage. We had a chat with Waiter, about prices, he offered to ring Manager, but we decided to leave and went else where !!!!! Greedy move guys . So disappointed as your food is outstanding

1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I can never decide which dish to eat here as so many of them are so good. You have to wait a while as they are freshly cooked and even a takeaway will involve a half hour wait but they are well worth it. The staff are excellent though the general ambience of the restaurant could be improved.