All reviews leisure centre overlooking the river fruit cake on arrival outdoor hot tub interconnecting rooms beautiful hotel rooms are large lovely grounds cooked to perfection top class bar food food was fantastic enjoyable stay soup breakfast room family wedding
Reviewed 27 November 2014

Hi,
Having stayed in the Minella Hotel many times over the years, it's time I added a review. We (my wife and I plus our family) stayed in the Minella Hotel on the weekend of Nov. 15th/16/17th Nov. 2014 to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We were treated royally (3 generations). The accommodation, food and the friendliness of staff was just superb. The value for money was, in my opinion, excellent. Clonmel is an excellent center if you are interested in hill walking with the Commeragh Mts. just on the doorstep. Also the the Minella has a really excellent Leisure Centre which our family made full use of and which is free to guest staying in the hotel. With the River Suir to the front and the Commeragh Mts. to the rear the Minella is just a fantastic location. Thank to the Nallen Family and their dedicated staff, our family had a wonderful weekend in the Minella. Will be back soon.
Regard,
Larry, Teresa and Family.

Room tip: If you want a 'river view' then ask for same. If you want a balcony overlooking the river they just request when booking.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank patlarfarrell
Reviewed 21 October 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel it didn't look too impressive but when I went in my opinion changed. A very warm reception area of "old style". I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who offered me complimentary tea/coffee and home made cake which was brought to the room for me. It was a very nice touch.

The room was very comfortable though the bathroom could do with a bit of tidying. Breakfast was served in a wonderful relaxed dining room, which was of classic nature. The food was extremely tasty..

My only issue would be what is there to do in Clonmel?

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jjppk66
Reviewed 17 October 2014

This hotel is in an excellent position and town. I've been going for years. However, it's seems to be falling down on food and effort. The staff are lovely and they will do anything for you. However, I find the whole food thing is neglected. I arrived exactly at restaurant last orders and all that was available was a tired sandwich - in the past they would have made time to do a quick steak and salad but not anymore. Breakfast was always quite good but on my last visit I was given a cold Irish fry-up yuck! The rooms are excellent with excellent views over the river. I do hope it finds it's mojo again.

Room tip: The rooms on floor 5 are excellent especially if with balcony.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank marty0001
Reviewed 6 October 2014

We stayed in the Hotel Minella for a couple of nights are were not disappointed or overwhelmed. Yet again I would like to rate this hotel a 3.5 and GOOD as did not feel it was average or very good but closer to average than very good so plumped for a 3.

The staff were lovely, the location beautiful and the grounds were gorgeous but the rooms and overall it felt a bit tired.

Breakfast was a really traditionally Irish affair with super old style Irish hospitality from two lovely ladies.

I am glad to have visited but would not rush back as lovely and traditionally Irish though it was and with great service, there are many more luxurious places for the same price.

Room tip: Ask for one with a nice view of the gardens
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2014 via mobile

Brilliant all round, nice atmosphere and great service. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and you will quickly forget what part of Ireland you are in. Visited for a wedding. Although some may think that parts are dated I think the most important elements are perfect

Date of stay: October 2013