All reviews leisure centre overlooking the river fruit cake on arrival outdoor hot tub interconnecting rooms lovely hotel rooms are large cooked to perfection top class soup bar food food was fantastic enjoyable stay family wedding potatoes beautiful setting
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I enjoyed this hotel, I stayed in it last august, while visiting my older Brother who was living and working in Clonmel. it had a nice location, our room had a view if the Suir River. The staff were really friendly and helpful. oh there was a resident dog which was cute.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel three times now, we use it as a stopping off point travelling to the south west of Ireland from the ferry port at Rosslaire. The rooms are well appointed, modern and tastefully decorated, everything you need is there, the usual hospitality tray with the addition of hot drinks brought to your room on arrival is a fantastic welcome and much appreciated after a long crossing and drive. Staff are very welcoming and nothing is is too much trouble for them. We did not eat in the evening having arrived too late but breakfast t was excellent, served by staff who we pleasant and helpful, a small point but when the meal is taken from the servery it is placed under the grill to ensure it is hot. These little points make this hotel the exception, so much so that we have decided to holiday there in the near future and explore County Tipperary. Highly Recommended you will not be disappointed.

Room tip: We use rooms at the back looking towards the hills, as it is only one night stays, the rooms on the other side have views of the river and over Clonmel, would recommend those.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clive C
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Just on the way home after having spent 2 wonderfully relaxing nights in hotel Minella!
Front of house staff are as others have said a credit to the hotel & Julie deserves a special mention. Nothing was too much trouble for her & she always had a smile has a lovely welcoming nature. Complimentary coffee was a very welcome & unexpected treat when we checked in.
Rooms were spotlessly clean. We had a balcony & were situated to the front of the hotel & I spent the 2 days wishing I was at the back of the hotel as the views over the gardens & river are beautiful.
Dinner on the sat night was absolutely perfect. Again staff were friendly & helpful. Food was beautiful. It's a limited menu but I suspect everything on it would be of the best quality. What we ate certainly was. THE DESSERT TROLLEY - oh my word this is a sight to behold. It came out when I was eating my main & I almost couldn't concentrate on my dinner I was so busy trying to figure out how on earth I would choose from the wonderful array of desserts on display.
We were blessed to have lovely weather & if I had one tiny criticism it would be that although there are loads of picnic tables situated out the back overlooking the river you don't feel enticed to sit outside. A few candles would have made the gardens so much more inviting & maybe some fairy lights on the pergola. The bar area is situated in the original house and can spread over 3 rooms. Very relaxing and great for sitting and enjoying after dinner drinks & conversation. This is a perfect place for groups & families wanting to relax & enjoy each other's company without having to shout across loud music.
Breakfast both mornings was perfect and cooked to perfection.
Everything was just smoothly done with no fuss or bother involved.
We went to the hotel planning on having a relaxing break and that is exactly what we did. Everything about the hotel lends itself to relaxation. We popped into clonmel briefly but spent most of the time at the hotel. If you are looking for somewhere that will go that extra mile to make you feel welcome & to go home feeling relaxed & refreshed this is definitely the place. It is a very quiet hotel but I'm sure if it's night life you are after then there is plenty of bars on offer in Clonmel & a taxi only costs about €6.
We didn't use the leisure facilities so I can't comment on them.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bibi09ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked our annual family weekend away to Hotel Minella not really knowing what to expect. What a lovely welcome from the Front of House staff. There were 17 of us, booking 4 interconnecting family rooms and 1 twin room. Check-in was painless and quick with an added bonus of a lovely member of staff helping us with bags to our room. All the interconnecting rooms where on ground level and all the families were accommodated on this floor. Interconnecting rooms had a King size bed and a single bed in each room over looking the lovely gardens at the back of the hotel, same with both rooms. The only quibble I would have is that room 31/32 has a humming noise which runs throughout the night that can become bothersome if you are a light sleeper! Rooms are large and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are a little tired but nothing a bit of cosmetic care would take care of. We ate bar food the first night and it was lovely. On the Saturday we had arranged a meal in the restaurant for my father in laws birthday and I had emailed the hotel on the different things that I wanted arranged and everything was in place. Overall the staff are the most lovely courteous people I have ever encountered in a Hotel and if I was the owner of the hotel I would try my best to keep hold of them all!!! Nothing was a problem, Leisure Center Spa was lovely too.....it helped that the weather was glorious for the weekend. I would have NO hesitation on recommending this hotel which I think we will come back to over the years.

Room tip: Try and book a room overlooking the Gardens at the back
7  Thank poppie1967
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful when we spent two nights at Hotel Minella. We were really impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the receptionists and the waitresses. The room and the food in the hotel restaurant were expensive but the staff were excellent.

1  Thank Ruth S