All reviewsrooftop restauranttop floorsea viewtayto parkcorner roomcomfortable bedlovely hotelirish seabuffet styleattending a weddingbreakfast is servedbusiness triphotel barbar foodstayed for one nightplenty of parkingfood was lovely
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We like the Crowne Plaza brand because you know you will get quality. We booked this place on the basis of it being a Crowne Plaza hotel and we needed a room for the night in the area. We had the choice of booking a sea view room by paying a premium which we chose you do.
We have stayed in lots of sea view rooms over the years but never in one like this. I would challenge them on the trade descriptions act to prove that this was a sea view room. I expect only 1-2% of the view is actually sea. Please see the attached photo from the room and you decide if this is a sea view room.
Actually when we went for breakfast on the 13th floor you can indeed see the sea, but you can hardly do so from the 8th floor.
Other than this we have no complaints. The room was good, the place was very clean, it has car parking and everything worked.
Come on Crowne Plaza, I would have given you 5 stars if you did not try and cheat by selling 803 as a sea view room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank md1mm
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Served quick enough , waited twenty minutes for dinner plates to be cleared, lots of staff wondering around aimlessly , desert was a let down, a dab of cream on seasonal fruits , which was presented very poorly, waiter brought a small offering of cream as a result. Having worked in bars an d restaurants , the first thing you learn is to keep an eye on the floor -on the customers, this is not evident or instilled in the waiting staff. Meal and drinks was €66 in total , not worth it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Clare M
Siobhan T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest

We thank you for your feedback and taking the time to send us the details of your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dundalk. It's important to us that we are continually striving to achieve a four star experience.

We will address the issues re: service, clearing of plates and the dessert with our team.

We do hope that you might give us an another opportunity and return to dine with us again. Please email me directly to book and we will ensure that you are well looked after. I maybe contacted via email at: smctigue@crowneplazadundalk.ie

Yours sincerely
Siobhan McTigue
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

When I'm in Dundalk I always stay in the crown plaza.
At arrival yesterday the friendly reminder receptionist was incredible clear and helpfully with everything I needed to know.
I got the junior suite with complimentary news paper and breakfast included.
We had a very pleasant night in the hotel,the following morning at check out again the receptionist was very polite and friendly and even had time for a little chat.
Where do you see that nowadays, it was a nice start of the day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words and review. It's wonderful for our team to receive the feedback from our guests when everything is as it should be.

We thank you for your business as mentioned you always choose the Crowne Plaza Dundalk while in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future,

Your sincerely
Siobhan McTigue

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Not close to center of town but clean, good food and nice staff. Came here with a bike tour and they took very good care of group. Very nice view from the top floor. Quiet room and nice lounge area. Had set menu for dinner but worked well for groupl

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel itself and reception service in general were good and the room was nice. But food served at the bar on the ground floor was not too good. I had a “steak” sandwich which was very soggy and greasy full of mayonnaise. The beef (or the “steak”) was like a stewed-to-death meat; and the chips were VERY salty. The whole dish was also cold when delivered to me.

Service at the bar restaurant on the ground floor was very slow. No-one came to me when I was standing at the entrance although a few servers saw me standing there (I was not sure if I could just sit down anywhere or had to wait to be seated). Then there was no menu and then I had to wait for ages to order food.

Breakfast was OK but not of the normal good standard I would expect from a Crowne Plaza Hotel, and expensive if paying separately.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business