“Nice comfortable stay ”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dundalk
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here the weekend. The room was beautiful and comfortable staff was very friendly and helpful
Only downer of the trip was the breakfast the next day it wasn’t nice atall especially the hot food
The scrambled egg tasted like butter and would like more of a variety like beans or hash browns and that
Apart from that I cudnt fault anything else about this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all I want to say that we had a lovely time in this hotel. Car park is free and large so that is a big plus. Receptionist are very friendly and check in was really fast. We had a room on a 6th floor and the view was amazing (view was on the sea and city). Room was clean and spacious. I was positively surprised with the room ambient. Breakfast is one of the best things in a hotel. On 13th floor you can enjoy in your breakfast and relax with fabulous view on the city. Bar is so so. First day dinner was ok. We had some chicken burgers. Nothing special. But next day was just big minus. First of all person who take our order was complete mess up. I ordered one type of tea she brought me other one. I was thinking ok it's just a tea I will not complain. But when she brought the meal then I was just pissed off. It was obvious that she doesn't know what is on the menu. I ordered spinach and ricotta tortellini in tomato sauce (vegetarian option) she brought me with chicken. I returned the meal. So until I got my meal back my partner was already finishing with his. Food would not be a problem but because she was not having a good attitude I returned it. No smile, no apology...nothing. Other waitress who brought my meal back apologised. I was watching other people who where working there that evening..1 out of 5 person was smiling when they where bringing the food to the guests. All in all I was not happy with service that evening. Big plus for reception, rooms and top floor restaurant but minus for bar. Oh and one more thing. That spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce...edible but recipe needs to be changed...tomato sauce is so strong and there is a plenty of it so those gentle tortellini are just lost in all of that.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this before Xmas under a Black Friday deal. We stayed for one night and will definitely be back.
Room was so spacious and it had bath and shower. Shopping centre 10 minutes away which had loads and then we ate in restaurant for dinner in the hotel. The food was amazing and we got a deal which was 2 courses for under 20 euros. The food was excellent.
Breakfast next day ran til 11 and at 10 they still had full breakfast available on the buffett.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room ready on arrival, we then entered the bar for some food and was able to be seated and served really quickly. FOOD was very good.

Hotel room for the price was very good and the bed was so comfortable.

Breakfast very good for the price you pay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2018

As usual loads of staff and though most people have carvery it still took a half hour to get a goats cheese salad which was poor and a cup of tea. And then had to wait for ages to pay. Really need to something about the service. What are all those staff doing??

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello gertie r,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry for the shortfalls you have encountered with our staff service and food condition at the restaurant. I appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you for being a part of our continuous efforts of creating great hotels that guests love. If you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Dianne L
Case Manager
IHGService

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundalk
4.3 km away
29.8 km away
The d Hotel Drogheda
The d Hotel Drogheda
#3 of 5 in Drogheda

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk? Share your experiences!