Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
    Darver Castle(Dundalk)
    Bellingham Castle(Castlebellingham)
    Four Seasons Hotel(Carlingford)
    View Hotel
    All reviewstop floorrooftop restaurantbusiness hotelcomfortable bedlovely hotelirish seabuffet styleattending a weddingbusiness tripbreakfast is servedhotel bartown centreplenty of parkingbar foodstayed for one nightlovely viewmain course
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 30 December 2017

Good atmosphere and great staff.
    The rooms are big and bathroom with both shower and bathtube, great!
    Good breakfast in the rooftop and good food too in the downstairs restaurant.
    Waitresses at the downstairs restaurant even gave us advise about what to do in Dundalk.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
    Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Checked in late in the Evening.
    CIAN deserves a 5 star rating on the Reception desk. He made me feel very at ease. Check in was quick and friendly.
    My room was Smaller than i expected. No my two babies are getting bigger i will keep it in mind when i stay again. I have stayed lots over the years. Breakfast was nice and as was the host.
    My husband was feeling unwell so i aaked if we could possibly stay a little longer. This was no problem.
    Very noisy on the floor we slept on. 11th Floor but im putting that down to being St. STEPHENS NIGHT

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
    Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our overnight stay in this hotel. Reception and all staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious with ample wardrobes, drawers, tea/ coffee facilities....even had an ironing board. There was a safe and fridge if needed. The bathroom was very clean and had the usual extras along with enough towels. The beds were very comfortable...we had two double beds in our room. We were on the 7th floor so had an interesting view from the window....we could even see the sea. Our only complaint and this is common to most hotels today was that the light in the room was somewhat dim but that was a very small complaint as everything was....perfect. The dinning room was on the 13th floor (rooftop) and the views all around were stunning....we were sorry not to be staying for dinner so as to enjoy the night view. There was a very good choice for breakfast with a help your self buffet and staff to see to any request. Cooking was done in full view with individual requests for egg dishes made fresh....no complaints here either. I cannot praise this hotel highly enough and we left with a promise to return for a longer stay soon. Excellent value for money.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

A hidden gem! Splendid evening dinner enjoyed in this atmospheric restaurant with splendid views of Dundalk, Dundalk Bay and the Cooley Peninsula. Even more splendid was the menu selection, the service and the care. The best surprise came with the bill! Three course dinner, a before dinner Sherry and a Cappuccino following dessert for just under €30 for one! (Gratuity not include)
    I cannot say how much I enjoyed the ambiance, the welcome, the excellent care and the delightful meal.
    Being there for a 7pm sitting meant I had an almost private dining experience and an almost personal chef to prepare my dish choices. The restaurant gets busier as the evening advances. Go early!
    Wonderful! Certainly a dining experience to revisit and enjoy again! The Crown Plaza 'Rooftop Restaurant' is a lantern of fine dining and excellent service!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
    Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This seems to be a nice hotel. The staff we met were lovely & the service very good. Myself & my wife popped in for lunch & although they were just about to start serving Carvery we choose from the Bar menu. I had Nut Crusted Goats Cheese for starter, tasty but a bit over fried & the salad didn’t have the promised ‘glazed pecans’. I ordered the Spinach & Ricotta Tortellini but unfortunately the ‘rich tomato, basil & garlic’ sauce was a let down. Sorry chef but it was like you were very busy & just threw this together. I just ate the Pasta.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
    IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Mkdory,

First of all, allow me to thank you for taking the time to fill out this review and for sharing your experience about your recent visit with our hotel restaurant. I am glad to read you have acknowledged the good service received from our staff. However, we are sorry the quality of food served fell below of what is expected. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. I have alerted the hotel management about your feedback so that necessary actions will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure we meet our guest needs and satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service on your next visit.

Grace P.