All reviews rooftop restaurant top floor sea view lovely hotel irish sea comfortable bed buffet style business trip attending a wedding breakfast is served hotel bar stayed here for one night bar food plenty of parking following morning food was lovely main course
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our overnight stay in this hotel. Reception and all staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious with ample wardrobes, drawers, tea/ coffee facilities....even had an ironing board. There was a safe and fridge if needed. The bathroom was very clean and had the usual extras along with enough towels. The beds were very comfortable...we had two double beds in our room. We were on the 7th floor so had an interesting view from the window....we could even see the sea. Our only complaint and this is common to most hotels today was that the light in the room was somewhat dim but that was a very small complaint as everything was....perfect. The dinning room was on the 13th floor (rooftop) and the views all around were stunning....we were sorry not to be staying for dinner so as to enjoy the night view. There was a very good choice for breakfast with a help your self buffet and staff to see to any request. Cooking was done in full view with individual requests for egg dishes made fresh....no complaints here either. I cannot praise this hotel highly enough and we left with a promise to return for a longer stay soon. Excellent value for money.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

A hidden gem! Splendid evening dinner enjoyed in this atmospheric restaurant with splendid views of Dundalk, Dundalk Bay and the Cooley Peninsula. Even more splendid was the menu selection, the service and the care. The best surprise came with the bill! Three course dinner, a before dinner Sherry and a Cappuccino following dessert for just under €30 for one! (Gratuity not include)
I cannot say how much I enjoyed the ambiance, the welcome, the excellent care and the delightful meal.
Being there for a 7pm sitting meant I had an almost private dining experience and an almost personal chef to prepare my dish choices. The restaurant gets busier as the evening advances. Go early!
Wonderful! Certainly a dining experience to revisit and enjoy again! The Crown Plaza 'Rooftop Restaurant' is a lantern of fine dining and excellent service!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This seems to be a nice hotel. The staff we met were lovely & the service very good. Myself & my wife popped in for lunch & although they were just about to start serving Carvery we choose from the Bar menu. I had Nut Crusted Goats Cheese for starter, tasty but a bit over fried & the salad didn’t have the promised ‘glazed pecans’. I ordered the Spinach & Ricotta Tortellini but unfortunately the ‘rich tomato, basil & garlic’ sauce was a let down. Sorry chef but it was like you were very busy & just threw this together. I just ate the Pasta.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Mkdory,

First of all, allow me to thank you for taking the time to fill out this review and for sharing your experience about your recent visit with our hotel restaurant. I am glad to read you have acknowledged the good service received from our staff. However, we are sorry the quality of food served fell below of what is expected. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. I have alerted the hotel management about your feedback so that necessary actions will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure we meet our guest needs and satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service on your next visit.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I spent an entire week here recently, using it as a base for my business operation. It was a real joy to use the place. The staff were always friendly, efficient and courteous and nothing appeared to be too much trouble. I treated myself to breakfast every morning and, with a view from the 13th floor to die for, combined with a good value-for-money breakfast, what more could one ask for. During lunchtime I had my usual snacks in the carvery and again the quality was good and, although the place was always very busy during tthen, a member of staff always found a place for me. I would like to say a special “thank you” to Kate in the Conference Section, Izabella in the restaurant and Brendan at reception. I look forward to a return visit in the not-too-distant- future.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Would just like to say a massive thank you to everybody in the Crowne Plaza Dundalk for making our day so special. From the moment we booked our wedding it has been a pleasure dealing with you all. The staff went above and beyond our expectations. Thank you so much to the events team and Dermot and his banqueting team the service you provided yesterday not only to Gavin and myself but to each and every guest made the day that extra bit special. Thank you so much again. We truly loved everything and every minute of it. Mr and Mrs Watters x

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family