“Nice Hotel and handy for M1”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dundalk
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Very good location and lovely modern rooms. Disappointed that we didnt find out the restaurant (on the top floor) is only open at the weekends as the food in the bar is basic.If I had known we would have eaten on route. Great location for the motorway and breakfast is really good.

Room Tip: great view so get a high up floor.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Siobhan T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Unfortunately our Rooftop Restaurant is only open for dinner on Thurs - Sat evening from 6pm. It is however open daily for Breakfast so you do get to enjoy the stunning views first thing in the morning. Fourteen Below Bar services food every evening and there is also 24 hour room service.

We are reviewing the opening times of the restaurant and it's possible in the near future that we may extend the hour.

We hope that you will return again in the near future,

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Stayed here in April 17 on business. Reasonable rates for Ireland and modern room with huge comfy bed. Small gym with some quite dated but usable aerobic kit. Best part was the breakfast, excellent quality and would return for that alone.
Recommended

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Last year myself, No 1 Daughter and Granddaughter had a 2 day break in the Plaza
and it was fab, so I wanted to bring No 3 daughter there for a treat to her. I had requested a room on the 10th floor with a sea view like before. The hotel rang me the
day before check in to confirm details and I again mentioned 10th floor and was told "yes the 10th floor". On checking in on the Saturday I was told, "oh yes we have your room so so on the 9th floor. I said I had particularly booked the 10th floor and even they had confirmed the 10th floor the day before. The guy on reception (sorry I cant call him a gentleman) gave me a look which spoke a thousand words. I am of a certain generation and I have worked hard for my money which allows me to treat members of my family now. I am sure some people would say what is the difference between the 9th and 10th floor in the scheme of things but it is the principal of the thing. I was given a room on the 10th floor and I have no complaints about it. The beds are fab and I wish my own bed was a cosy. Breakfast each morning was lovely as were the staff on the 13th floor. It is an experience in its self. we had food in the bar again the staff were lovely as was the food. Some of the front of house staff need
a refresher course on how to treat paying customers with courtesy.

Room Tip: Sea views on the high floored room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gb1950
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I was attending a 2 day training course at this stunning 13 floor glass hotel and was blown away by the attention to detail at every turn! The hotel has stunning floor to ceiling glass walls - cleverly and tastefully decorated bar and restaurants and beautiful patio and water garden. Free Tea and coffee stations and so stylish water and fruit stations were a lovely extra touch for people waiting to check in or simply lounging in the lobbies. An extra reception desk and lounge for relaxing between meetings on the conference floor was a great idea and so helpful and gave this part of the building a very private feel. The food was first class and the staff were friendly and efficient. This is how hotels should be planned and laid out! Very impressive all round.well done!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Mollywog

Dear Guest

Thank you for your five star review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that everything was as should be and you were impressed with all details.

We will share you excellent review with our team and do look forward to seeing you back again in the near future,

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights during a business trip, a warm welcome was followed by a spacious, very clean room and bathroom, the bed was large and very comfortable. The meal and drinks (not rip off prices like I've experienced elsewhere) were very good, the crack and service from the staff was great. Breakfast was very good too. Had an excellent and very relaxing stay!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are grateful for the five star review. It's wonderful that everything was as it should be during your stay with us.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundalk
13.5 km away
29.8 km away
The d Hotel Drogheda
The d Hotel Drogheda
#3 of 5 in Drogheda

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk? Share your experiences!