All reviews golf course tennis courts terrace bar round of golf pro shop beautiful hotel beautiful grounds leisure centre cooley peninsula wedding reception lovely setting well worth a visit first class function room relaxing break public areas set menu
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

My son and new daughter in law held their wedding reception here on 6 Sept 2018. What a fantastic day. From arriving to leaving on 7 th it was a time to remember. The friendliness and efficiently of all the staff was second to none. Food was delicious and piping hot. Our family room for the night was spacious and spotless with every facility we needed. Breakfast was great with plenty to select from. The grand kids enjoyed the swimming pool which was spot less. It was a fantastic stay from start to end and we will definitely stay at this hotel again. Thank so so much for all your care and attention.
Kay Francey Leeds.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

What started off as a mystery tour to my wife and myself ended up at the majestic setting of the Ballymascanlon Hotel. What a pleasant surprise laid on by my brother. The approach to the Hotel is a tree lined driveway with a Golf Course on one side giving you a foretaste of what is to follow. The Hotel is elegant and beautifully presented in every area by the furnishings. Our expectations were high as we ordered lunch from a well presented Menu. Service was quick and efficient and the food that we ordered was excellent being well cooked and nicely presented. It certainly was a time to remember and one thoroughly enjoyed and, without hesitation a Hotel highly recommended

Room Tip: A room with a view over the parkland would be a bonus.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Sales M, Director of Sales at Ballymascanlon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. Your lovely comments will be passed on to management and staff. We do hope you will come back and visit the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

A number of us wanted to have a golf outing and the Ballymascallon ticked all the boxes. Nice golf course, not too difficult so suited everyone, nice facilities and great bedrooms. Provided a private dining room for 20 people and served excellent food. I can highly recommend the Duck.

Stayed: September 2018
Sales M, Director of Sales at Ballymascanlon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I attended a wedding at the Ballymascanlan hotel yesterday and was so impressed with the level of service and standard of food. A big shout goes out to Morgan who kindly supplied me with a toothbrush when I had forgotten mine.

1  Thank Donnacollins35

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will pass on your lovely comments to Management and Staff. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to
welcome you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I went for lunch this afternoon at the hotel and to my total surprise my family and I ordered some very poor sandwiches, The portion sizes were appalling. Once our food had arrived, although the service was fabulous we were given very little crisps to accompany the toastie and they were all blemished and black. Overall, for the price that I payed I thought the quality of the food was very very disappointing. I am not sure that I will be dinning here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Sales M, Director of Sales at Ballymascanlon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that on this occasion the hotel did not meet our usual high standards, and as a result of this your dining experience was disappointing. Management have been made aware of all points in your review. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.