“wonderfull”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2012

my friend has 34 birthday so we go all together, with partners and children, 12 people, was great!
We very like colors in restaurant, photos on the walls and chiantti straw's bottles over the head, Italian songs and fireplace.
BUT FOOD WAS JUST WONDERFUL, maybe wasn't the cheapest meal in my life, but was worth any cent spend on it! For the special of the day was stuff olives and sea bass in wild mushroom creamy souse, I never before had so a nice fish in my life.
Everybody with me was happy, all dish was great, taste and really large. Kids loved pasta bolonese and pizza.
Home made tiramisu was the best part of my dinner.
Its really Italian cusine, in Roma I didn't find better restaurant for all week of my holidays!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Really wanted to like this restaurant - but was cold and menu was uninteresting! Really wished it was better

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Used to go here a lot (before our daughter arrived and allowed us more free time). Decor is nothing to write home about but this restaurant does have a certain appeal! Just don't expect leather chairs and fancy tablecloths!
Food is very, very good. Waiting staff appear very stretched at times but seem to be on top of everything.
Only quibble I have is that the food is quite expensive and not as competitive as Eno which in my opinion holds the "Italian" crown in Dundalk today.
However, if looking for good food and price is not a key issue, by all means get in there - you shan't be disappointed

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Went to La Cantina recently for a meal with some girlfriends, decor nothing to write home about but the food was lovely and plenty of it! Which of course, is the most important thing. Staff were some of the friendliest and most efficient I have ever met. I hadn't been here in years and it was a nice treat. However, it was quite expensive, I would only eat here again at their early bird special, too dear otherwise, I'm afraid.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I have been to this restaurant many times and the food is always excellent. The decor is fairly basic right down to the cutlery but the great food makes up for this and there is always a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant.

Both the pasta dishes and pizza's are excellent and all well worth a try. It is a little on the pricey side for an italian restaurant but we keep going back so I guess we think it is worth it!

The restaurant is always busy so you will likely need to book in advance.