Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews old world charm garnish island bantry bay wedding reception bridal suite sea view old style fabulous views west cork hake reception area beautiful hotel first morning staff were very friendly breakfast and dinner dining room family room
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2017

We checked in for 1 night, we did not find the receptionist the warmest of people. Just sign here, food served here and there etc. We looked at the bar food menu, its over priced. We did not eat dinner in the hotel. Our room was at the complete end of the hotel, up stairs, down stairs eventually we got there. it was a spacious, clean and fresh room. The bed was comfortable and shower was fine. Why we were put so far away when the hotel was not full on the night. We booked through booking.com, we had a reasonable rate. I fully understand that on such rates you do not get premium rooms, if there are any there. Having worked in the industry for many years I would have thought they might give a better room or nearer the older part of the hotel, hoping we might go back again. At about 1 am the people in the room above us came back and the noise was terrible. No sound proofing what so ever. We could hear every little noise. They proceeded to talk, turn on music and for what ever reason walked and walked around the room. We tried to ring reception but the phone was not working. I had to leg it to reception. The night porter had to go up to the room, so obviously the phones do not work in the rooms. The noise did not stop and After about another half an hour I had to go down again and he had to run up again. sounds a bit like faulty towers. I told the bar man to make note for the receptionist when she came on duty in the morning. the noise eventually stopped. So they need to get their act together , sound proof the rooms and get the phones fixed. Breakfast was fine the following morning. We did not find the staff in general very friendly, just did the basic politeness. When we were checking out no word from the receptionist about the night before. I mentioned it and nothing much said. there was a nice homely Atmosphere in the public area, real fires, nice chairs and the bar is nice. we would not return.

Date of stay: May 2017
4  Thank BERRY C
Management response:Responded 21 May 2017

Dear tesco123,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly at a time convenient to you so that I might go through all of the issues directly with you ahanley@eccleshotel.com

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel staff were friendly, the food and drink were good and the atmosphere was lovely. A very 1920's, 1930's feel about it. The rooms were not massive, but were perfectly adequate and the view from the bedroom window was breathtaking! Slightly more expensive than the other accommodation on this trip but well worth it. So much so, we booked it twice! Thank you I hope to be back again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank stephencA5605RK

Dear Stephen C

Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am delighted that you stayed twice. You'll have to make it 3 times now! We greatly appreciate your review and I will be sure to pass on your compliments.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

we had stayed here years back and it was not good so we were apprehensive about going back,well there was no need we had a lovely room,not overly big but overlooking bantry bay it was such a joy coming back after a day out, it was so clean and fresh.with lovely "white" towels. my only gripe was the t.v.fourteen inch up on a bracket near the celing was not good and while t.v.should not make or break a hotel it is nice after a day out to sit and relax and look at a little t v before dinner.

Room tip: as close to top of house as possible as floors/walls are thin
Date of stay: May 2017
2  Thank 64johnny1949

Dear 64johnny149,

Many thanks for your lovely review. I am delighted that you have noted the differences since your last stay with us as the team are working very hard to bring the Eccles Hotel back to its former glory. We are working on a refurbishment programme of all 66 bedrooms which you will be delighted to know includes a new flat screen TV! Most of our rooms at this point have now or are on the way to being complete and please do let me know when you will be joining us again and where possible, I will note to allocate you one of our newly refurbished rooms ahanley@eccleshotel.com

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Family rooms are spacious enough with great Sea view!

Early check-in requests are considered and reception staff are friendly.

Ample parking space in front of the hotel.

Breakfast served to the table and has some decent options to order for.

Room heaters are little slow to fire but should be ok with Non-Winter days.

It is close to a gas station as well.

Room tip: Sea facing rooms have great view!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank learnernexplorer

Dear learnernexplorer,

Many thanks for your review and all of your lovely compliments. Our beautiful building dates back to 1745 and the heating can be a little slow at times however you you will delighted to know we are investing in our heating system this week (summer time I know!) so the next time you come to visit us, we should be right on target with room temperature.

Please do let me know when you would like to visit the hotel again and I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally ahanley@eccleshotel.com

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Stayed at this hotel over the Easter holiday. Our room was newly decorated and had amazing views over Bantry Bay. The staff were so nice and helpful. Breakfast was very good and served in the dining room again with superb views. We had dinner which was delicious also the bar food was excellent. This hotel is a gem and very charming and I hope to return some day.

Room tip: Room to the front for best views
1  Thank gerann

Dear gerann,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. The team are always delighted to receive such lovely compliments as is the town and the vicinity of Glengarriff and West Cork! I will be sure to pass on your compliments and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Glengarriff soon.