Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2019

We had a fantastic - albeit too short - stay at the Smugger's Inn. The property is a little dated but perfectly clean and comfortable. We had a lovely sized room, enormous bathroom and amazing private conservatory with views right across the bay... I could easily have spent the entire stay there with a cup of tea and a book!
We had dinner in the restaurant, which was fairly average-priced for the area, but definitely worth it: the menu is very well-considers and the service exceptional. Breakfast as well was hearty and tasty.
Our only niggle was the fact that we asked for late checkout to be told sure, no problem, stay another hour, two etc. But we were hassled slightly the next morning to leave, which was a shame as this was the only downside.
Be sure to wander down to the bay - we were there during the week in August and saw only a few dog-walkers first thing, then had the entire stretch to ourselves, just beautiful!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

Just had a most fabulous meal at the Smugglers Inn, food was fabulous and the staff were really friendly and even offered us a lift home. I highly recommend it. Don’t skip dessert! Unique setting with lovely views of Skellig Bay

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 16 July 2019

My wife and I enjoyed our one night stay while driving the Ring of Kerry. It is a very nice place and located with wonderful views of the ocean and sunset. We noticed they have a very nice restaurant but we chose to eat at a pub in town and we also hade to leave very early so we could not have their breakfast. We will stay here again in future visits.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roberto C
Reviewed 24 June 2019 via mobile

We went here for dinner. Reached at their closing time yet the people were very welcoming and got us a yummy dinner. The view from this place is awesome. The food too yummy. The restaurant is huge and very well done up

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 6 May 2019 via mobile

Visited yesterday for a light lunch. Lovely location especially as sun was shining. Decided to have the seafood chowder. All was well until I discovered a piece of fish in my mouth,was actually a 1 to 1 and a half inch piece of fish cartilage/ backbone. Thankfully I didn't swallow it but placed it on my side plate. I didn't want a fuss but mentioned it to the waitress before leaving. Her response was: 'Oh right, but you enjoyed it anyway'.
Yes the chowder was nice but I felt the response was very disappointing.
Paid our bill, included a tip as the initial waitress was very pleasant but feel the response was very poor.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
irelandchef, Owner at Smuggler's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

Thank you for visiting the Smugglers Inn and sorry to learn that there was some bone in with your seafood chowder. All the fish is checked and bones picked out and it was unfortunate that on this occasion a piece was missed for which we are very sorry. You should have brought this to the attention of a waitress at the time so that we could provide a replacement for you. The response you received was poor and not the correct way of addressing the problem and we will look into this.