“Not too bad”

Athlone Springs Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last night. The rooms are really nice and the bed was very comfy. The staff on check in were very polite and friendly. The breakfast was a different story, we arrived into the dining room and waited to be seated but no one came to seat us so we just picked our own table as there was plenty free. The staff were really nice with the exception of one guy who didn’t seem like he wanted to be there, I went up to get some hot food and there was little left so I asked this guy was there more on the way. I just got a grunt off him. Apart from this I liked the place and would go back again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
dncross, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Grahammullally

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found the bedrooms to be really nice and comfy. The reception team are a credit to the Hotel as are the whole team here, who consistently receive excellent feedback. I know upon your return you will find breakfast to be a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel last week and really enjoyed myself. Lovely Hotel and Facilities The staff and food were excellent but I have to give one mention though to the barmaid Shauna she was lovely. Chatted with her throughout and made my stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Niall O
dncross, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Niall O

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team but especially to Shauna.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Attended a business function here recently, would highly recommend. Great facilities, friendly staff, comfortable modern surroundings. Projector was good, tea/coffee was fresh . Will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Geraldine H

Dear Geraldine H

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your function with us. It certainly is a busy time of year for corporate functions! I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The level of customer service at this hotel is exceptional. From booking until we checked out they could not do enough to make sure we enjoyed out stay. Wonderful spa, nice facilities, lovely food and comfortable rooms. Perfect place for a couple of days away. Only disadvantage is you have to take a taxi to go any where. But it's worth it to stay here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank lisa h

Dear lisa h

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team here really do work hard to ensure all of our valued guests experience a perfect stay- I am extremely pleased to read that this is how you found your couple of days away to be. I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Stayed with my wife Ann last evening. She has a bad back and requires a good bed. One would expect a hotel to have comfortable supportive beds, not here. The Staff tried their best and we were shown three rooms, eventually finding one bed out of ten that Ann could sleep in. We were told by Donal that there were no complaints about the beds, a quick look through the hotels poor reviews here belies that assertion. The room we eventually stayed in had very loud extractor fans outside, probably over pool or kitchen, why these had to run at 23:00hrs is beyond me.
Don't stay here is you want a good nights sleep.
The staff did their very best in very difficult circumstances.

Room Tip: Don't stay here