1,023 results
All reviewscedar restaurantleisure centrelovely hotelreception staffsaturday nightkids clubcourse mealbar and restaurantstaff were lovelyfood was lovelyself serviceweekend breaktown centrefunction roomhen partycouldn't do enoughroom was spotless
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The level of customer service at this hotel is exceptional. From booking until we checked out they could not do enough to make sure we enjoyed out stay. Wonderful spa, nice facilities, lovely food and comfortable rooms. Perfect place for a couple of days away. Only disadvantage is you have to take a taxi to go any where. But it's worth it to stay here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank lisa h
dncross, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear lisa h

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team here really do work hard to ensure all of our valued guests experience a perfect stay- I am extremely pleased to read that this is how you found your couple of days away to be. I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Stayed with my wife Ann last evening. She has a bad back and requires a good bed. One would expect a hotel to have comfortable supportive beds, not here. The Staff tried their best and we were shown three rooms, eventually finding one bed out of ten that Ann could sleep in. We were told by Donal that there were no complaints about the beds, a quick look through the hotels poor reviews here belies that assertion. The room we eventually stayed in had very loud extractor fans outside, probably over pool or kitchen, why these had to run at 23:00hrs is beyond me.
Don't stay here is you want a good nights sleep.
The staff did their very best in very difficult circumstances.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe C
dncross, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Joe C

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to hear that the team did their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I can assure you that if you choose to stay with us again everything will be of the highest standard.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Not many complaints, comfortable hotel, lots of space, decent food, residents bar stayed open plenty late.
Bar staff need training. They can't pull a decent pint of Guinness, any of them. And I don't like the fact that drink it 10-15c more expensive in the ballroom than the bar. A single note should cover a drink as it does in the bar. There is no need to add on a few cent making things awkward and having to break larger notes.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ciaran C

Dear Ciaran C

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found the Hotel to be comfortable with lots of space and decent food. The residents bar really does make for a good end to the night! I will pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team. I certainly will follow up on the Guinness service however we do have a large regular, local following who actually frequent the bar due to the high quality of Guinness served there.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Was here for a wedding and the stay was very nice, the food and staff were very good but the miniature tvs in the rooms is a let down for me and the hotel location. Is away from the main town but taking all into account it is a very nice hotel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank guudsquishy

Dear guudsquishy

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst attending a wedding here. I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team .

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I got a bowl of potato and leek soup with a toasted ham, cheese and red onion sandwich there. You can pretty much have as many fillings as you like in your sandwich.

Tasty grub and quick service from barmen/waiters who were polite, sharp and efficient.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Brian G

Dear Brian G

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team and delighted to hear that you will recommend us!