Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews nice hotel room was spacious top class double bed family room relaxing stay bar food food was lovely one night stay steak alan paddy wedding meal function break reunion
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2020

I feel like I stayed in a different hotel to all of the reviews below!?

Not a great experience. We stayed in one of the 'family suites' outside the main hotel building. This was not the most family-friendly room for people with small children, with heavy safety doors that almost trapped our child's fingers more than once, and no way to block off the stairs apart from putting the cheap metal chairs in front of it.

No Netflix on TV as promised. One of the bedrooms was right beside a water pump, so we (and our small child) were woken up by a loud WHIRRRRRRR! every 15-20 mins during the night. Absolute torture.

We would have moved to the other bedroom, only... there was a blood stain on the carpet. Yikes.

On the upside, staff were all great so I couldn't fault that. Food was good in the hotel bar, but the breakfast buffet was rubbish. No hot food for vegetarians apart from bland scrambled eggs and toast.

Reception area is nice but I found the rest of the hotel a little dated and dingy, unfortunately.

Room tip: Don't book a family suite.
Date of stay: July 2020
Alan McCaul, General Manager at Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2021

Dear Amy,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our family run hotel. I am very disappointed to read your review. I have taken all of your comments on board and apologise for any shortcomings that you encountered. We wish to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay with us, and that they will want to come back to stay with us again. I hope that we can welcome you back again to have a more positive stay.

Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel last week for 2 nights and it was an absolute pleasure from the minute we walked in the door. The staff were so friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The family room was spotless and also massive great space for kids and also has netflix option on television which helps a lot to keep kids occupied while we get ready. The food in the restaurant was fantastic and they had no problem fitting us in as we were with another family so we had 12 in total and this was fine as its very spacious in restaurant. Breakfast the next morning was also gorgeus and again staff were amazing too. I woukd highly recommended this hotel for family vacation or even a night away with your partner as it will give you a fantastic experience on what standards hotels should d be at. Thanks to the manager and staff for a lovely 2 days we will most definitely be back.

Dear Stephen,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review. It was our pleasure to welcome you all to our family run hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our dining options and felt safe while you were here with us. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I hope that we can welcome you all back in the not too distant future.
With every bets wish,

Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

We had our daughter’s christening at The Shamrock Lodge yesterday.

It can’t be faulted.

The hotel were great in regards to the repeated cancellations and delays due to Covid19 over the last number of months and very quick to reply to any emails I forwarded them.

As for the event itself, the room was beautifully laid out, the menu had plenty of options and was food itself was great value for money.

Staff on the day were extremely friendly from the waiting staff up to the management.

Every request was facilitated.

The food was served promptly and was delicious and hot.

I can’t recommend The Shamrock Lodge highly enough.

Dear Mrs Burke,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review, I am thrilled to hear that you were so well looked after and that you enjoyed your special day with us so much. It was our pleasure to welcome you all and thank you for choosing our family run hotel. I hope that we can welcome you all back in the not too distant future.
With every best wish,

Reviewed 20 August 2020

The staff here are really gorgeous. Elaine on reception and Mary who came to put Netflix on our tv. I didn’t get any other names, but they all stood out. The friendly waitresses and Barman to the gardener. Rooms very very spacious. Breakfast was delish. Our dinners were just ok, but we ate it. If I had one request for our return it would be for a tv in the bedroom. We had busy days. Just wanted to crash in bed with the tele but there is only one tv and really only comfortably seats 2. But that’s just how we like to end our day. We will definitely be back at the Shamrock Lodge, close to everything. Thanks for having us

2  Thank Leezzer1

Dear Guest,
Thanks a million for your wonderful review. It is fantastic to hear that all of our staff looked after you so well. They always try to make sure that our guests are comfortable and safe when they are with us. I have taken on board your shortcomings mentioned and do apologise. It is great to hear that you will be back again and we will look forward to it.

Reviewed 19 August 2020

Spacious spotlessly clean rooms with smart TV and Netflix. Extremely good value restaurant with tasty food, big portions and very reasonably priced. We had a very comfortable nights sleep and then enjoyed a massive tasty buffet breakfast. The staff were extremely pleasant and welcoming and I still can't believe the prices of the room and the food.

Dear Gwenaveer,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review and rating of our family run hotel. It is great that you had such a good time with us , enjoyed our dining facilities and that you were well looked after by our staff. I hope that we can welcome you back again when it is safe to do so.