“Cycle Trip”

Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

My cycle group stayed here on a charity cycle trip. Stayed in lodges beside hotel. Rooms are nice, not overly spacious but fine. Beds are comfortable. Nice sitting room area in lodges. Shower was in bath. It was fine , bit dated but did the job. Evening meal was really great, really tasty and great service. Bar area is good, a band was playing so good atmosphere. Overall, a really nice stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Alan M, General Manager at Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Joanne O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us on your cycle trip. You were a lovely group to welcome and we appreciated that you chose to stay with us. I do hope that we can welcome you all back to stay with us at another time and congratulations on the efforts made for the cycle, it is very commendable.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed here for one night with friends,and I can't wait to go back for a few days next time!
Staff are the nicest I have ever met,ladies on reception were so friendly and helpful,bar and restaurant staff the same.
Hotel spotless,we got a fab room and bathroom towels were like new,and plenty of them,lots of tea/coffee and milk in room!
Dinner was very good and big portions of everything.breakfast was also very good.
Nice gardens and lovely warm bar where you can sit and chat all day with friends and even have you meals served to you or use the lovely dining room.
The staff were busy but always took the time to say hello or have a chat as they went about their busy day!
The bar men(sorry I cant remember names) were so friendly and cheerful we had a great laugh with them,and they were very patient,even at late hours,my friend asked for a coffee and it was no problem.
Prices of food and drink not bad for a hotel.
We will be back for sure,thank you all even the owner had chat with us,Well run,happy feel hotel.

Stayed: October 2017
Alan M, General Manager at Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear 900Maggie,

What a wonderful review, thank you so much for taking the time to write this. I am thrilled to hear that you all had such a good time at our family run hotel. It is great to hear that our staff across the hotel looked after you so well, the personal touch is something that we are very proud of. I will be sure to pass on all your lovely comments to all our staff. It would be wonderful to welcome you all back to stay with us at another time!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Very friendly staff, nice clean rooms, we had two single beds pushed together which i didn't like, prefer a proper double bed, breakfast very nice with a good variety of foods to choose from, we had three evening meals that were mostly nice except for the vegetables that i think were frozen as they had no taste, also the ice cream was very watery with bits of ice all through it. Would stay here again as it is very quiet but for bed and breakfast only.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Bernadette292,

Thank you for your review of our family run hotel, it is much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you would stay with us again but I am sorry to hear that you did experience some downfalls while staying with us. I will certainly consult with our Chefs to make sure there are no other comments like this. I hope that you will see improvements when you return to stay with us.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff at The Shamrock Lodge Hotel for their amazing customer service! I stayed here at the start of September with a Hen group of 43 ladies! Not one person had a bad word to say about this hotel, the rooms/suites we stayed in were extremely clean, private and the beds were very comfortable! The Hotel is situated about 10 minutes outside the little town, but is extremely peaceful with lovely grounds.
Great Breakfast! Amazing Staff! Fantastic Hotel!

Room Tip: suites are great for families, there is two twin rooms each with their own en-suite and then a livin...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Alan M, General Manager at Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our family run hotel. I am delighted to hear that you all had such a great time and were happy with your stay. I do hope that we can welcome you all back to stay with us at another time and keep us in mind for any members of the group that may be getting married in the near future! Thank you so much Amy.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of 20 girls in August 2017

We stayed in the apartments at the back of the hotel. Would highly recommend for groups visiting the area

The staff were a pleasure to deal with. Upon arrival we all went for lunch which wasn't part of our package so we were paying for it separately. The manager gave us all soup and bread free of charge which was a lovely touch!

The room was huge, 2 bedrooms with 2 single beds each, 2 bathrooms and large living area which I believe also had a pull out sofa bed which we didn't need to use.

Location wise it was perfect, walking distance to all night life and to the Shannon if you're booked for any boat trips.

We seen a wedding at the hotel and I took a sneaky peak into the function room before guests arrived and it looked fab!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Alan M, General Manager at Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Hi Kira K,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from your bedrooms to food. It was our pleasure to give you some complimentary food, you were a lovely group to welcome. Thank you also for your kind words on our ballroom, we take great pride in offering a beautiful setting for our wedding couples. I do hope that we can welcome you back to stay with us at another time Kira.