Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
akbiyik
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Great location and service, clean but litle bit outdated

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 May 2024via mobile
Great location, perfect service, rooms litle bit outdated however well maintained. Breakfast Ok. Everything clean as expected. Lot of parking spaces. Athlone is perfect for a one night stay as a tourist on the way from Dublin to Galway (Clifs of Mohar). While in town dont miss to visit irelands oldest Pub.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Everything fine.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Responded 28 May 2024
Dear akbiyik,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and managed to visit some of Ireland's historical sights, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
No prepayment needed
  • eDreams
3.2 km from Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
View more hotels in Athlone
3,132 results
All reviews a business class room river view junior suite lovely hotel shannon river bar food family room bar staff town centre bar area hot food breakfast was excellent leisure centre central location enjoyable stay a lovely stay following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2024

I stayed with family for just one night in the Radisson, Athlone. The hotel has a fabulous location on the banks of the river Shannon and is convenient for access to the town itself. The hotel is clean and modern but lacks soul and the céad míle fáilte of other hotels. Prior to arrival I called to book dinner in the hotel restaurant, enquiring if it was open on a Sunday night or was there just the option of bar food. The gentleman I spoke to reassured me the restaurant was open and there was no need to book a table. On arrival the lady at reception insisted the 'restaurant ' was open as she indicated towards the bar as if to suggest that I had some difficulty in understanding her rather than the reverse. Reception staff are the first point of contact for guests and it is vital they have adequate communication and language skills for the position. Some guests may have preferred a restaurant in town had they known the 'restaurant' was not actually open. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bar food was good and the staff there were very friendly. The carpark in completely inadequate for the size of the hotel and I can only imagine the difficulty in acquiring a parking space should the hotel host an event or conference. The hotel offered convenience and value but was rather soulless.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HazyBaby1968
Jacqueline Berry, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2024

Dear HazyBaby1968,
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us. We are pleased you enjoyed our Brasserie's dining offering and found the team friendly. Our second restaurant, Elements, only opens depending on demand and serves the same menu as our Brasserie, our restaurant bar. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2024

Stayed two nights. Asked at reception the first morning if someone could look at our shower screen as its resting position was outside of the bath, so water was dripping on the floor. Wasn't fixed, so had to hold it in place with a towel - see photo. Bins not emptied in the room and loo roll not replenished, so rationaing required!
No waiting staff at breakfast the second morning, so had to go to the desk to order a pot of tea.
Just niggles really, but not 4 star sadly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kay K
Jacqueline Berry, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2024

Dear 94kayk,
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us. We regret that the maintenance issues you reported were not resolved promptly. I have provided your feedback to the maintenance and housekeeping managers, who both sincerely apologize for the drop in standards.
We hope this will not deter you from returning and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again.
Should you wish to discuss your experience with me, I would be grateful if you would contact me at guestexperience.athlone@radissonblu.com, and I will arrange a phone call.

Reviewed 18 May 2024 via mobile

I'm very disappointed with this hotel my mam was booked in to go with group of friends but on Unfortunately, she took ill and ended up in hospital. I rang the hotel and explained to the person in the hotel that was dealing with the booking and she said that she wasn't getting a refund back because they didn't get a month notice,how are you to know that you're to sick
My mam is old age Pensioner, that saved all that money to go away and cannot get it back
Absolutely disgraceful.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen D
Jacqueline Berry, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2024

Dear Helen,
We regret your disappointment.
Please email me at guestexperience.athlone@radissonblu.com.

Reviewed 9 May 2024

I’ve just returned from a couple of nights stay in the Radisson Blu Athlone. It was a great couple of days in this lovely hotel. Everything was of the highest standard (as usual). Super clean rooms, well ventilated, amazing location and great amenities. Above all, the staff in the hotel were amazing. Avril and Tulay in particular were the perfect wake up call each morning. These two deserve a raise for their positivity and helpfulness. I’ll be back soon - thanks soooooo much (:

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jacqueline Berry, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2024

Dear Robert,
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Athlone. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon. I will pass your kind words on to Tulay and Avril.

Reviewed 29 April 2024 via mobile

I booked here for one night. I paid extra for what they call a Superior Room. The views were very nice. The room itself was very basic. The only difference was maybe a coffee maker in the corner. The bathroom was outdated with a bath that you have to stand in to take a shower. When I booked the room, I was told there is no tray charge for room service. But then, when I looked into breakfast in the room, I was told there would be a tray charge of I think it was about €14 extra. I went for a swim in the spa. They wanted me to pay 3 euro extra for a swim hat. And then when I went in, there were lots of people there not wearing hats, just typical of a hotel trying to get every little extra out of you. Apart from that, it was a nice hotel, a very good buffet breakfast. The staff was very friendly.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stevie0m1
Jacqueline Berry, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2024

Dear Stevie0m1,
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us. We are pleased you enjoyed the view; however, we are disappointed the room did not meet your expectations. I would like to discuss your experience further and would be grateful if you would email me at guestexperience.athlone@radissonblu.com
I look forward to speaking with you soon.