1,942 results
All reviewsa business class roomavril kiernanoverlooking the riverjunior suiteshannon riverhotel is in a great locationbar foodfamily roombar staffhot foodtown centresteam roombreakfast was excellentenjoyable staygreat selectionstayed here for one nightstaff were lovely
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Lovely friendly and helpful staff
We arrived Friday and was welcomed and greeted by Eamon (Trainee) He did'nt need any more training he was brilliant all weekend . Colin the the manager and all the restaurant and Bar staff provided a excellent service with a friendly smile . The hotel location was very central , the room small but clean and comfortable . A nice buffet breakfast which I don't really enjoy , but there was no problem getting poached eggs . The resident bar served us for as long as we required. Hence great sing song with other guest
I would recommend this hotel and mainly because of the staff and there friendly efficient service .
Well done Colin and Team

Room Tip: Ask for view of the Shannon
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Fergus O, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear DesperateHouseWife50
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Myself & my wife stayed here for a 2 night break.The hotel was very nice we had dinner in the hotel both nights and I can safely say it was the best food I've had in any hotel I've ever stayed in.Compliments to the chef!!

The only downside and the reason for not giving the hotel a full 5 was the location.Don't get me wrong the hotel is perfectly located central to the town but we just found Athlone itself didn't have much to offer.Seemed to be a lot of closed down shops and all pubs we visited seemed a little old fashioned & shoebox in size,didn't come across any nice trendy,modern,spacious bars that done a bit of pub grub.

But if your looking for a nice hotel to spend some time away in I would recommend the hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear CAnnon83,

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

My partner booked a meal for two in the restaurant two days in advance originally for 7:45 but was then changed to 8:15 and was assured that this was no problem. On arrival we went straight to the restaurant where we were told it might be in the bar. Confused we went to the reception and spoke with the lady who confirmed the time on the day was no problem who didn't seem to even know the restaurant was not open as a waitress had to inform her of this. she apologised and offerd to eat in the bar where we regularly dine. As we dine there very regularly we graciously declined as the menu is the same and we were looking forward to dining in the restaurant as the food in the bar is always very tasteful. Very disappointed as this mix up was blamed on new staff and should have been communicated better.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michaelaCarthy

Dear MichaelaCarthy,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit in our Elements Bistro. We pride ourselves on the outstanding service we offer our guests and I would like to apologise that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I would once again like to thank you for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to visit our hotel again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Just checked out of the Radison Blu and absolutely loved our stay. We had a fantastic night away and I just want to say how much I appreciate the effort made by the hotel to ensure we had a great night. When booking I mentioned it was our anniversary and if they could do anything extra I would really appreciate it. Not only was our room terrific the view we had on the river was fabulous and in the room was a plate with chocolate strawberries and read "Happy Anniversary", accompanied by a box of chocolates also. It really is the little things and we just want to say a big Thanks for making our stay so perfect. Couldn't recommend the hotel enough.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jennifer J,
I would like to thank you for your first class review of our hotel. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I was delighted to read your wonderful comments.
I hope we can welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Reception at arrival and departure quick, efficient courteous and helpful. Room was very clean with complimentary tea/ coffee facility, large TV variety of channels. Appealing view of the river, marina and surrounding area as requested. Dinner in bar on Sunday night as the restaurant was closed was tasty with large portions and wide variety. The Ladies serving the tables were very friendly and spared no effort advise on choice. Breakfast in the restaurant had ample choice with attentive staff that set one up for an active day. We enjoyed our stay and plan to return

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple