“Good food”

Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Murphy's Law is a family run traditional Irish Bar with live music & a large open-air beer garden. We serve food 7 days a week from 10am & cater for parties. We also specialise in food challenges. Above Murphy's Law, we have a Bed & Breakfast with all rooms en suite & offer very competitive rates. Murphy's Law is situated right in the heart of Athlone with most amenities on your door step.
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch with a group traveling through Ireland. The beef and Guinness stew was the best of all the ones we tried, and that’s saying a lot. The restaurant was clean and is mostly frequented by locals. It’s not much to look at on the outside, but is definitely a good place for a meal.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We were in athlone for the night and tried out this place. The main course was so nice. I had the steak on a stone special which was delish. I got soup to start wich was cold and was changed straight away. My partners nachos were so tasty. The value for money was great. Staff werwnt so friendly but if i was down in athlone if eat here again for the steak

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Recently visited the bar and had two drinks prior to ordering food. At 8.30 pm I asked for a menu and the waiter spoke to a guy behind the bar. I was then informed that last orders were 8.30 pm and I could not place an order. What a way to treat visitors to Athlone. I had already spent money in the bar and didn't know that last for food was 8.30Pm. How can orders stop so early. Do you not want the buisness from Tourists?I will certainly not be returning.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

We ate here with family and the food was very good. The service was also excellent and the staff are very friendly. It is a busy pub with a great atmosphere. The upstairs is very nice to dine in.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Came here for a 4th birthday birthday we had it in the upstairs restaurant, staff were lovely and busy food wasn't brilliant thx again will return