1,283 results
All reviews hot tub champagne suite balcony overlooking the lake breakfast in bed on arrival complimentary upgrade special occasion steak little touches brownie relaxing break scones stunning location from start to finish lovely touch main course lough ree
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Decided to end our honeymoon off by staying in Wineport for one night with dinner, amazing room with great views. Lovely box of chocolates and card left in room congratulating us. Cosy small bar with lovely views. The food at dinner was lovely and no supplements on the steak. Only negative waiting sometime on the main course. Complementary breakfast to the room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Norma W, General Manager at Wineport Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear 49lornat

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review. I am delighted you choose to stay with us on the final days of your honeymoon. The little touches are so important and I do hope they made your stay an extra memorable one. I'm happy you enjoyed dinner and I do apologize for the wait on main course. We feel our guests should have breakfast the way they want and where they want it so why not have it from the comfort of your own room or balcony.

Do come see us again
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had a really lovely time. Every aspect of our stay was faultless and we look forward to visiting again....and again! Definitely one of the best hotels we have visited in Ireland

2  Thank Catherine R

Dear Catherine R

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review. I am delighted you had such a faultless stay. I hope we helped make your wedding anniversary a memorable one.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stayed here for a short midweek break in October and cannot wait to return again for a longer stay. The staff were lovely and really make you feel welcome. The room itself was faultless.... beautiful views of the lake from the balcony and one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in! As for the food....exceptional is all I can say. On that note - do not skip breakfast as it was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had. This hotel is highly recommended if you are looking for a peaceful beautiful location coupled with great staff and rooms that make you want to stay for days on end. Well done to management & staff of the Wineport Hotel.

Room tip: The Champagne suite
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Norma W, General Manager at Wineport Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear FLD2912

Thank you for taking the time to post your humbling and kind review. I am utterly delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the food was exceptional. I will pass on your kind words to all the team. We are firm believers in giving the best possible start to the day to all our guests and a breakfast the way you like it is crucial in doing that and I'm thrilled you enjoyed yours.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent service, beautiful view over the lake. I was asked when booking if it was a special occasion and I mentioned it was my birthday. There was a card (wishing me a happy birthday )with chocolates in our room upon arrival. They had given us a complimentary upgrade to our room. After a very tasty meal they brought out a dessert with a birthday candle. Followed up with breakfast in bed the next morning. All in all it was a fabulous night away.

Dear Sive s

Thank you ever so much for your most kind review. I hope that it was a memorable birthday for you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you received lots of extra attention for your special day. Breakfast in bed is always nice and at no extra charge its a must!

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Everything about this place was fabulous. We celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary here and it was wonderful. Each member of staff was so friendly, our room was stunning with a balcony overlooking the water and the food was just superb. Our deal included a 4 course meal for two and the surf n turf and Monkfish as the two mains were out of this world. Any of the courses could be picked out as top class but it's a place that just has to be visited. Well done team and a big thank you for letting us share such a terrific place.

Dear Stuart K

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff were so friendly and the food superb. I do hope the special occasion of your 26th wedding anniversary was a memorable one and I will pass on your thanks to all the team.

Do come see us again.