“A decent bar ! Nice for a change from the norm”
Review of Larry's Bar - CLOSED

Larry's Bar
More attraction details
Owner description: Larrys Bar is a traditional cosy warm Irish pub, located on Barrack Street Athlone (opposite The local Garda station). There is a taxi rank outside the door.Larry has a host of entertainment and has live music every weekend to suit all tastes! We also have a cosy intimate Beer Garden and smoking area.Drop in if you want to watch live Sports in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Larrys bar can also cater for all your functions and parties with food catering also available! Our expert team will be " Happy as Larry" to answer questions you might have so just give us shout... All our details are above!! :)
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Larry's is a good pub well worth a visit . I'm hard to please and can't say a bad word about this place . It's clean, staff are very friendly, it's a cosy pub too.atmosphere is good especially sat nights! So if your looking for a change of pub around athlone I would recommend this place

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Upon visiting the lovely town of Athlone, I happened upon Larrys bar. I was taken aback by the friendly staff and atmosphere. I fully recommend any person visiting the town to enjoy the ambiance and willingness to please in the pub. I am factoring in the pub as a reason for me to return in the future. Thumbs up!!!

2  Thank Mr_H_19_79
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We discovered Larry’s Bar while walking around Athlone during a one-day stay. We saw they were going to have music that night, a blues session; so we went back that evening. This turned out to have been a great idea. We had a wonderful time. This was one of the friendliest places we’ve ever gone to. The Guinness flowed and the music was great. We were introduced to the musicians, Eamon and Martin, who were actually really good. Sitting at the bar, other patrons gave us all kinds of advice and suggestions about traveling in Ireland; as well as other stories. Behind the bar, Keiran made sure that we never ran dry. They were all amused that my name actually is Larry, and when we were near the end of our night, Michelle introduced herself and gave me a “Larry’s Pub” polo shirt that I proudly wear here in the USA. We will return when possible. Don’t miss this place!

3  Thank pearson30
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Definitely the best pub in athlone

Friendly staff, good location, cozy decor

The locals will always make you feel welcome

Great music at the weekends

6  Thank Paula S