Larry's Bar - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Hoppin'!!

We took a wrong turn looking for the recommended Seans bar, came across Larrys - small pub to the... read more

Reviewed 15 February 2013
Fiona M
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Love this place. Great atmosphere. Reminds me of Cheers where everybody knows your name! Staff v friendly and welcoming. Great l

Reviewed 13 December 2012
Sgriffin1981
Athlone, Ireland

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Upon visiting the lovely town of Athlone, I happened upon Larrys bar. I was taken aback by the friendly staff and atmosphere. I fully recommend any person visiting the town to enjoy the ambiance and willingness to please in the pub. I am factoring in the pub as a reason for me to return in the future. Thumbs up!!!

Date of experience: October 2012
2  Thank Mr_H_19_79
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We discovered Larry’s Bar while walking around Athlone during a one-day stay. We saw they were going to have music that night, a blues session; so we went back that evening. This turned out to have been a great idea. We had a wonderful time. This was one of the friendliest places we’ve ever gone to. The Guinness flowed and the music was great. We were introduced to the musicians, Eamon and Martin, who were actually really good. Sitting at the bar, other patrons gave us all kinds of advice and suggestions about traveling in Ireland; as well as other stories. Behind the bar, Keiran made sure that we never ran dry. They were all amused that my name actually is Larry, and when we were near the end of our night, Michelle introduced herself and gave me a “Larry’s Pub” polo shirt that I proudly wear here in the USA. We will return when possible. Don’t miss this place!

Date of experience: June 2012
3  Thank pearson30
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Definitely the best pub in athlone

Friendly staff, good location, cozy decor

The locals will always make you feel welcome

Great music at the weekends

6  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great place to have a good night!! Service with a smile and a great pint of Guinness!!! Try it you won't be disappointed!!

3  Thank Clarytee
Reviewed 30 January 2012

have to say the best pub in athlone so how well the customer is looked after , would recommend it go and see for yearselves .

Date of experience: December 2011