Lowest prices for your stay
US$83
Booking.comUS$83
Hotels.comUS$83
getaroom.comUS$97
2,889 results
All reviews l'escale restaurant retreat section retreat room kids club wine tasting leisure centre newer part jacuzzi bath lake view busy hotel bar food family break top class lovely hotel spa treatments both nights golf course
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2020

There are not enough words to explain how grateful we are to the staff of the Hodson Bay Hotel for helping make our wedding day absolutely perfect amongst the absolute mayhem of the current pandemic. We were 3 days out and new restrictions came in allowing weddings to have 25 guests instead of 50, at the point myself and my husband didn't know what way was up! The support throughout the whole lead up to the wedding was unbelievable but the support that week we received was unexplainable.

Nothing was too big or too small of an ask. Michael, Jill and Mary were so calm and made everything seems so normal that any time I came off the phone I could say "OK, everything is going to be OK!".

The day itself was fantastic. The way the room was laid out was perfect, it did not feel like there was only 25 people present. The food was delicious and the staff were very attentive. Michael and his team had laid out my "few" decorations even better than I expected and it was absolutely beautiful.

From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank Michael, Jill, Mary and all of the staff we encountered during our wedding weekend - they will never know how much they helped us and made our wedding perfect among the absolute chaos.

"Thank you" to you and your staff for making us and our guests feel welcome, safe and above all else have a bit of normality for a weekend.

We will most certainly be back to stay again!

Room tip: Ask for a room located in the new block
1  Thank Melvie10
Timothy Hayes, Marketing at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2020

Good Morning Melvie10,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review following your most recent experience at the Hodson Bay Hotel. I would like to Congratulate you and your husband on your recent wedding and wish you both a long, healthy and happy life together.

I am delighted you got to have your Wedding day during these awful times of Covid-19. I am so happy that we managed to make it extra special for both you and your husband as well as your wedding guests and that you found the food delicious and the staff very attentive. I am also extremely happy that we were able to provide a safe envirnoment and provide you all with a bit of normality even if it was only for the weekend.

I cannot imagine the worry you faced when the restrictions changed so I am delighted that our support from Michael, Jill and Mary was of such value to you and I will personally pass on your lovely message to them and the rest of the team.

Thank you for choosing the Hodson Bay Hotel as your Wedding Venue and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

Myself and my partner came here on the first weekend of a nationwide Lockdown due to COVID-19 October 2020. This was a business trip But it felt like a holiday. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. Food and general service was spectacular. We asked for a room with a view and wow did we get it. This place is so nice I have booked a few days over the Christmas period for my family. Thank you so much to Micheal the general manager and all of his staff who made a business trip a holiday.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ConsulGarrett
Timothy Hayes, Marketing at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2020

Good Morning ConsulGarrett,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with such a wonderful review and providing us with 5 stars following your most recent stay at the Hodson Bay Hotel.

We are delighted to read that we managed to make your business trip feel like you were on a Leisue Break with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am thrilled you got to experience the fantastic food and service we aim to offer on a daily basis and the view of Lough Ree is an amazing view to wake up, we are very lucky to have this view on our doorstep.

I will personally pass on your kind comments to Michael and the whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel during the Christmas Period.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2020

So grateful to all staff at Hodson bay for giving us a wonderful stay. We met Jill the wedding planner as we have our wedding booked here a year from now, she was so friendly and helpful, we can’t wait for our wedding here! The complimentary wine tasting with Andreas was an amazing extra, he was so informative and made the wine tasting fun and interesting! We will be back as soon as we can and wish all the hotel the best during these uncertain times.
Catie and Peter

1  Thank 261catiem
Timothy Hayes, Marketing at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2020

Dear Catie and Peter,

Thank you for the stellar 5 star TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at the Hodson Bay.

I am thrilled to learn that you had such a wonderful experience with us. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back for your very special day and are honored to be afforded the opportunity to host it.

I will personally pass on your lovely feedback to Jill, Andreas and indeed the whole team, whom I know will all be delighted with such fantastic feedback.

Reviewed 22 October 2020

Beautiful suite with a stunning view. We are so grateful to the Hodson Bay staff for ensuring our safety with extra measures extra cleaning, and careful organisation.
Food was lovely, staff were amazing, pool great, and our suite was gorgeous.
we will definitely be returning.

1  Thank AngelaCMunro

Good Morning AngelaCMunro,

Thank you for taking the time in providing us with such fantastic feedback as well as awarding us with 5 stars following your most recent experience at the Hodson Bay Hotel.

We are thrilled to read you had a wonderful experience of staying in our Penthouse Suite where you would have got the best views of Lough Ree. Our Safe Stay code ensures that we are providing a safe and clean environment for both our guests and staff alike and the staff are working very hard throughout the Hotel in these strange times to ensure our safe stay code is implemented.

We are delighted you got to experience the pool, good food and excellent service we aim to offer daily. I will personally pass on your very kind comments to the full team.

Thank you for choosing the Hodson Bay Hotel as your destination and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

Myself and husband stayed here for a 1 night staycation package. 60pps great value b and b dinner complimentary drink use of leisure facilities. We have often eating carvery here on day trips which are gorgeous. However first time to stay. Before we arrived we downloaded app too book pool breakfast and dinner so easy then when we checked in with Zara who was very friendly helpful. Dinner in restaurant was amazing great choice for package deal. Breakfast same plenty staff to help. We used pool facilities on sat morning they were amazing and spotless. Room were big clean bright floor ceiling windows.. only downfall on Friday eve we had few pre dinner drinks left go for dinner in restaurant when we arrived back tables all full bar one where we sat then bout 5min later we were asked to move into conservatory as manager said table was needed for few men for dinner. We moved but were disappointed as no one was in conservatory was cold. Couldn't see why they couldn't be moved. So after a while we got a table back in warm bar.. highly recommend and hope to be back

1  Thank lorraine n
Timothy Hayes, Marketing at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Good Afternoon lorraine n,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor following your most recent Staycation at the Hodson Bay Hotel.

We are delighted to read that your first stay at the Hodson Bay Hotel was not only and enjoyable one but also a memorable stay, where you got to experience our leisure and pool facilities as well as getting to dine in our award winning L'Escale Restaurant.
I will personally pass on your lovely kind comments to Zara and the whole team, we are very lucky with the staff they really are an asset to the Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your comments both positive and negative as this feedback will help us to enhace the service we offer to all our customers.

Thank you for choosing the Hodson Bay Hotel as your destination and for the recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.