“Great Hotel & Location”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Ireland
“Great Hotel & Location”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed here with a group for a hens party and it is definitely the place to stay the hotel organise everything and are so nice and friendly. The hotel is attached to the nightclub Karma which is apparently the best nightclub in Athlone as someone who wouldn't be nightclub person I actually liked this place.
I have small children and would not personally advise to go as the weekend we were there , their was also another 3 hens. It seems to really cater for this so I could only imagine noise etc.....
But its clean, nice rooms and comfy beds!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Stayed at the Prince of Wales mid August with my wife and mother in law,big and very clean and tidy bedrooms with great shower, staff very friendly,check in very good.
Only down side,I hade booked and paid for in advance with the manager we were asked for an additional €30 on check out,for what I don't know,when I explained how I had booked the lady then got notes on her computer, problem sorted,but NO apologies

• Stayed August 2012
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 1 September 2012

A real gem of a hotel. While in town on business, I spent 2 nights at The Prince of Wales, and it was certainly an excellent choice. Centrally located, in the heart of the town, it cut down on travel. Despite its close proximity to nightlife, my room was well insulated, and I slept though the night undisturbed. One of the nicer features the hotel has to offer is a call from reception about two hours after I had checked in, to see if everything was alright - in fact, the lady on the line apologised for the delay in contacting! Due to time constraints I only ate in the hotel restaurant once, but the food was top notch, the service efficient and pleasant, despite a late reservation. For business travellers, the free wi-fi is invaluble. All in all, a marvellous, modern hotel, competitively priced and excellently located.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Athlon Ireland
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Charming, delightful, good service and friendly staff. We had walked past the hotel a few times and decided that evening to give it a-go. Lovely experience. I will recommend it to our traveling friends.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

As we were staying elsewhere my Family and I were out to have a spot of food in the evening and came across the Princes bar attached to this Hotel. We ordered 2 starters and 2 main courses & fish goujons for my 3&4 year old children. Now our dishes were nice but I have to say that the young man who intially took our order was pleasant and helpful, as for the ignorant female who looked like she wanted to be elsewhere, threw the food on the table and grunted at us with what we made out was STEAK and SALAD then walked away. I had to get my own steak knife. Never asked if we needed anything else drinks etc. The KIDS battered fish goujons were full of bones completely unexceptable for kids of 3 &4. Overall I paid the €70 and got out as quick as I could. Smile it wont kill you.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank shawshank34
Padraic W, Manager at The Prince of Wales Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review as we take all comments onboard positive and negatitive. I was so disappointed to hear of your experience as we pride ourselves on our food and our service as the vast majority of our reviews acknowledge.Your experience would be a very isolated incident and I have sent you a private message as I Genuinely want to follow up the complaint to ensure that it does not happen again. again my apologies for not living up to your expectations and our normally high standard.
I am looking forward to hearing back from you.
Regards