“Kind Gesture”

Kin Khao Thai Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Thai cuisine, local style. That's local Thai not dumbed down Western style. Our great food, service and local beers and wines are waiting for you. Looking forward to seeing you.
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I had previously left a review about bad service in Kin Khao. I received a very apologetic email from the owner who sent me a generous voucher by way of apology. Many thanks for your understanding and generosity.

1  Thank Laurz1
There are newer reviews for Kin Khao Thai Restaurant

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Read all the reviews and decided to go - tables very close together lacks ambiance which i would class as key in an excellent Thai setting.Food not bad

ourlittlefamille, Owner at Kin Khao Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Hi Edel

Thanks for the comments and also for coming into us Edel. I have to say I've never had a comment that the tables are too close and absolutely never ever had we had comments on the ambiance. If anything the feed back is that the ambiance is great. That said you are the customer and it was your experience that matters.

Our tables are actually the largest tables around. The reason i know this is that when we were getting them made in Thailand we got the wrong dimensions:( So larger than usual tables arrived in Athlone:) The next time you are in a restaurant take a look at the size and number of tables squeezed into a space and you might see that in fact Kin Khao offer alot of space to its patrons.

Busy nights in a restaurants are busy nights. A full house creates ambiance. There is really nothing else I can add to this.

Regarding the food - not bad?? You really don't give me much to go on here so i cannot comment. Suffice to say that "not bad" is not what 99% of the reviews say about our food.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

All I can say I'd wow. Recommend by a friend as one of the top restaurants in Athlone, can definitely see why. Food is exciting and tasty. Staff very knowledgeable.

ourlittlefamille, Owner at Kin Khao Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Hi Eibhs and WOW back at ye:) Thanks alot for dining with us and for the great review. Pass the word. We are lucky with our wonderful staff and of course Thai food is the best cuisine ever.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

On inquiring about a table booking for that night for two we were told that there was no need -just come with an empty stomach and a full wallet.So on arrival at 9 pm - we were then told there was no table available at all !!!! However a gentleman who to appeared to be a floor restaurant manager interjected and he said he would sort us.We got a table thanks to him
Menu -food -stunning.I will say no more about this.Pricewise it is mid range and have no complaints about it or the service during our meal.

Hello irishman thanks so much for the lovely review. I do hope your stomach was full and your wallet alittle lighter when you were finished.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

A visit for my wife's 40th- staff very accommodating and the food was some of the best I have had- my wife's Thai green was the best I have ever had and the Lao curry I had was punchy yet tasty. Nice fresh decor too. It was my wife's birthday and they noticed this from the booking and gave here a free pudding selection with candle! We will return when in Athlone!

Dear Mark we were delighted to look after you and your wife on the night. We hope to see you again.