“Probably the best Thai Restaurant in Ireland”

Kin Khao Thai Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Description: Thai cuisine, local style. That's local Thai not dumbed down Western style. Our great food, service and local beers and wines are waiting for you. Looking forward to seeing you.
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I am a big fan of Thai food and this is the best Thai restaurant I have tried. Nice location in the "old town" with some nice oldstayle pubs near by for a pre or post dinner drink.

Very friendly staff.

Great food with some dishes not found in your standard Thai in Ireland

1  Thank Rangzen
There are newer reviews for Kin Khao Thai Restaurant

Reviewed 19 August 2011

I believe that this restaurant serves the best Thai food in Ireland. In addition to the food, the ambiance, and a quality service is provoded. The lunch option from under €10.00 is great value and an ideal taster menu.

1  Thank miggan
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Chose this restaurant because we love thai food but we were very dissappointed with our visit to Kin Khao after all the good reviews that we had read.Food was very average & over rated,also expensive for what we got in terms of quality and taste.We had the house white wine which was'nt great and again expensive at 21euro.Would'nt go back if in Athlone again.

4  Thank Rosemary O
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I visited this restaurant twice on my last trip to Athlone, looking for lighter fare than what's typically offered in Athlone's pubs and restaurants. This restaurant is a fabulous choice, offering a great variety of authentic Thai dishes and wonderful service. The wait staff offers great suggestions from the menu, and the choices we agreed upon were tasty and perfectly prepared. There's also a great selection of beers, including a few exotic selections. My only regret was being too full to sample the desserts (although the latte was a great after dinner choice).

1  Thank jmasci
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I am from Athlone so I have eaten in this restaurant on a few occasions. Each time the food has been excellent. I am a fan of Thai food and this is probably one of the best Thai restaurants I have tried.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Te lunch menu is excellent value at €9.95 for a starter and main course. Just be aware that both courses are served at the same time on the same plate.

I’m looking forward to going back.

1  Thank Breezer25