Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$125
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
2,525 results
All reviews shopping centre club room tower room lovely hotel central location residents bar top class hotel bar leisure facilities lovely room stayed here for one night last weekend bar food would highly recommend this hotel from start to finish staff were excellent fantastic stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Although I've never stayed here, I have been here a good few times for a meal and drinks with family and for occasions also. The food Is delicious and Staff are helpful and friendly. The hotel is right in the centre of town and right beside Athlone Town Shopping Centre, a 5 min walk from Golden Island Shopping Centre also. The hotel is less than a 5 min walk from the bus and train station a 10 min walk to Athlone Castle, the Luan Gallery and the beautiful river Shannon. Worth a visit.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2021

Hotel is in the middle of town & has free parking. There is a pool - when we are out of lockdown. A central place to stay as a tourist or worker.

If you book with Booking.com ..... check that the room you have booked ... is what you get ...

I booked (well it was what came up ... I didn't specifically go searching for it ! LOL),
a room with a king size bed.

When I checked in ... man said "you are in a standard room".
Even before I had got to the room ... I was thinking ... you could really do with some 'advertising person speak'. 'Standard room' sounds so ordinary ! Pretty sure if I was in marketing ... I could come up with a million other adjectives to describe a room than 'standard' !!

Anyway ... I digress .... when I reached my 'standard' room, I was slightly dismayed to find there were twin beds. I was tired .... been a long day .....

Plus, I had, had a minor tangle with the man on reception because I didn't have a letter from my employer about why I am travelling ...... I am self employed ..... for the upteenth occasion I resisted the temptation to say ' I am touring around Ireland to check out all the not open / closed tourist attractions .... gggrrrr.... I was over it !

Called down to reception .... they agreed - they would move me to a room with a king size bed .... great !

Hotel room, complete with fridge .... was ( momentarily) a great surprise - but on further investigation seems it is a mini bar - which (from my understanding), is only turned on if you 'stock the mini bar'.

The central location is great !

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Almostgreynomad
Garrett McGuinness, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Dear Almostgreynomad,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback, but it is disappointing to learn of the issues experienced.

I can understand the frustration regarding the required documentation on check in, but given the property is open to essential services only we do have to follow the required guidelines.

I am reviewing the issue regarding the room allocation as you should not have been provided with one of our Classic Twin guestrooms, but instead a Classic King.

All in all your stay was not to the standard we offer our guests and I would like to extend my apologies and assure you we are addressing all areas.

Should you enquire with us in the future, I have noted that I am notified immediately.

Garrett McGuinness
Managing Director

Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

My partner and I recently visited the Sheraton hotel for a weekend stay and we were delighted with how accommodating all the staff were, especially Benjamin. After being unsatisfied with our original room, we were upgraded to the penthouse suite which was amazing and such a nice gesture. This room had an incredible view of the city and such a beautiful bathroom and bedroom. Overall, my partner and I were delighted with our stay. We felt extremely safe, given the circumstances of the pandemic. Breakfast and dinner was lovely and we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We will most definitely be back.

Emily
30/12/2020

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel on the 19 December, we had a lovely time the hotel was very nice and staff did a great job in looking after everyone, particularly one staff member Cathal mannion who was working in the restaurant and did a great job looking after us and was very professional in his work.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PADDYIRELANDMAN
Reviewed 14 December 2020

I booked a romantic stay here last weekend. I requested a suite and a bottle of white to be in the room on arrival. Fairly standard stuff. There was no wine on arrival and the TV wasn't working. A member of staff promptly came and fixed the TV. Still no wine. I went to reception and enquired about the wine situation and was told it would be delivered during the evening. Heaven forbid if you want a glass outside these hours. A very polite member of staff said he would get it delivered very soon (I thing his exact words were 'right now'), and, as we were going for a short walk, agreed that this would be perfect. After our short walk, no wine. All I could do was throw my eyes to heaven. I wasn't prepared to beg for it at this stage.

We went for dinner in the excellent Baccus restaurant in Athlone and came back about 1030pm. You've guessed it, no wine!!!!

Upon checking out, guess what the hotel attempted to charge me for??You've guessed it, the wine!!!!

I explained all and the lady at reception was mortified and apologized and said she'd alert her manager and made sure she had our phone details. Yes, you've guessed it, no phone calll!!

It's not about the wine, it's about being charged top rate for an experience the hotel promises to deliver, but failed miserably to do. If they can't get this right, I wouldn't trust them with anything more. And as there's no room service and with current restrictions, it was a disappointing end.

I did think it was hilarious when they tried to charge me for the wine though.

1  Thank WestmeathPat
Garrett McGuinness, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2020

Dear Westmeath Pat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, but it is really disappointing to learn the details of the issues experienced.

I have reviewed in detail with the team and would like to apologise sincerely for the really poor level of service delivery.

I appreciate your sentiment and no doubt not wishing to discuss further, but I have sent you a private message in an effort to speak with you directly.

Garrett McGuinness