All reviews great music friendly comfortable hotel resident band fish stew stayed two nights family run hotel top class live irish music home made the pub staff were so friendly a wonderful stay breakfast was excellent lynn moher ireland cliffs
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We had a great weekend staying here. The hotel welcomes pets - which is great. The breakfast was excellent. The room was clean and comfortable. The music in the bar was lively and good fun. The staff were friendly. I would recommend this hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Booked online for 2 nights as part of a larger trip around southwest Ireland. The hotel is very convenient, on the main street, parking is easy. My daughter and I immediately felt welcomed by Lynn. Hotel is lovely inside, and our room was very nice, comfortable, quiet. The price was affordable, but next time I will book directly with Lynn and John which is better for the hotel and an even better rate for me. Lynn was so helpful, giving us really great advice for drinks at the local pub, sightseeing, and she even found us a short-notice appointment at a fabulous hair salon. The breakfast was delicious and the servers were so gracious, we felt spoiled. We had a rental car, and the hotel is very convenient to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher. Thanks for everything, Lynn. I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a road trip around the beautiful Clare.

I found John and Lynn very friendly and accommodating as I had a little dog with me who was also welcome.

Hotel itself is lovely breakfast good variety and more than enough. Dinner was also very tasty. Live music in bar at night was excellent.

Rooms plenty big and clean. Would recommend this hotel for anybody traveling around Clare very central to all tourist sites. Also very reasonable prices. Thanks guys!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We had a lovely time here. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, hot shower and comfortable room. The bed was a little hard for my taste but that is a matter of opinion and I still slept well on it.

Easy parking across the street and very easy to get to sites like Aran Islands and Cliffs of Moher from here. Breakfast was hearty and delicious! I would come back and would definitely recommend it to others looking to explore this part of Ireland!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We found and booked the accommodations online. The hotel is nice and the price is affordable. The hotel is located on a main road through Clare and easy to locate. There is no onsite parking but there is a parking center within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is nice and the room was clean. However, the bed was not very comfortable and there is no air conditioning. The shower was small but no issue with hot water and the bathroom was a decent size. The website claimed there was a bar and live music onsite but we were disappointed to find that was not the case.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria T
JohnRathbaun, Owner at Rathbaun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear Maria,
Thank you for booking the hotel. We advertise music on the website for June, July and August with Live Irish music and in September there is Irish Country and Western Dance music.
Unfortunately you stayed in May when we had no music. We start the music this year at 8pm on 25th May.
I hope you can visit another time when we have music.
Kind regards,