“Great experience”

Rathbaun Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Lisdoonvarna
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

Very friendly staff could not be more helpful ,dog friendly, felt very welcome when we arrived with our 4 month old Czech shepherd

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (130)

Reviewed 13 July 2021

Wonderfully warm welcome. We brought our 6 month old pup with us and we were made to feel at ease. At no stage did I feel that Covid 19 precautions were flaunted or that the environment was unsafe. Fantastic local knowledge which made the best use of our 3 day trip. The accommodation was spotless and practical.
Breakfast was excellent, hearty and cooked to perfection. I really couldn’t fault our stay. Such a friendly family , I would wholeheartedly recommend. Everything you need for a base to exploring Clare.

Reviewed 10 July 2021

Blown away with the friendliness of the staff and the experience received. Beautiful food Beautiful drinks comfy beds very clean.. what more could you want

Great value

Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

After I spoke to Anna about making a dinner reservation, I honestly would have been happy with a crisp sandwich on stale bread such was the welcome and charm I was met with... On the phone!
An even greater welcome awaited me at the (social distancing respectful) Rathbaun... And the food was absolutely delicious! I even changed my order, after my food was served (I changed my mind) and my awkwardness was met with grace and a fab fresh beer battered cod and chips... With a side of the most delicious pickled cucumber yum

Lynn and John, the owners were kind enough to invite me back for the recipe Anna was the highlight, I blame the parents
Kind, charming, professional and simply a lovely young woman

I'll definitely be back!

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank Monicelt
Reviewed 4 August 2020

Locals, PJ McDonagh and I had the pleasure of enjoying a meal at the Rathbaun Hotel last evening. Would recommend giving the Hotel a visit as we were treated so well and greeted as we arrived by owners John and Lynn and guided to a reserved table by their daughter Tara. We were made most welcome and with a great mix of backing music provided by the in house Band " Ceolan " it was hard to leave having enjoyed some great food. Will be returning with some friends to enjoy some more of the atmosphere that is the Rathbaun Hotel. Hope ye have a great season despite the Covid-19 virus.

Brendan Cusack.